1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Fuel Tap Help

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by arbortodd2, Nov 17, 2017.

1. arbortodd2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    83 xc250
    Getting ready to fire up the rebuilt motor on my semi-recently aquired 83 xc250. Cleaning the tank and fuel tap beforehand. Tank is the plastic version from an '84. When taking the fuel tap apart the washers of course fell out before I could see which way they went in. After cleaning I installed the tap lever on/off, then the fiber washer over it, then the metal wave washer, then the metal plate that attaches with 2 screws. Correct? Any one out that has reassembled one of these your advice is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    think thats right... mine leaks all the time, had 3 think plastic? washers. replaced them with a fuel proof (i love that) o ring and so far so good. aftermarket kato fuel tap will bolt straight on if you cant stop it pissing out everywhere
  3. arbortodd2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    83 xc250
    Thank Surprize. Tank is clean. I will mount the tap on the tank tomorrow and see if it leaks or not. By the way, I used Zep citrus cleaner to get the gunk out of the plastic tank. Works really well, and quick.
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    cool. i will try some next time im cleaning the tank out
  5. arbortodd2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    83 xc250
    No leaks. Must have put it together properly; or just lucky.
  6. PEZBerq Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    390AMX, 430XC, 240WR, 2x510TE, FE501
    These acerbis fuelcocks are fairly cheap and readily available. I haven’t had much luck trying to fix leaky ones so simply replace them with a new one. Too risky to have fuel pissing out. Keep an eye on the plastic tube with filter mesh as the mesh can move and leave a gap where fuel gets in without going through the mesh.
  7. arbortodd2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    83 xc250
    Good tip. Thanks.