Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Husky2016, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Husky2016 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    strada tr 650
    i am here from the Philippienes. Some of our guys experienced trouble withn the fuel pump after they run not thier bike for a long time. The pump was total clogged.
    I tied now a clogged pum in an ultrasonic bath..... best results.
  2. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    inserting a filter into the fuel tank inlet helps avoid such issues. Guglatech filters work well at keeping particles (and water) out of your fuel tank.
    https://guglatech.it/en/
    PaulC likes this.
  3. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT

Which one works for the TR? I never found one to suit our bikes. We transport fuel for the motocrossers and we use the drop in twin-air element. Occasionally you do see a fleck or speck in the bottom of the container. Which is why I don't use the inverted plunger type jugs.
  4. Mark_H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada; 2015 Nuda 900R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XRM 125, Kawasaki Curve 115

The issue with Philippines Fuel is the amount of Ethanol it contains. The Fuel Station pumps state that the fuel contains a 'minimum 10% Bio-Ethanol" but they do not state exactly how much it contains.
    Ethanol forms a sticky residue which if dried (due to lack of use of bike) can stick up a pump.
    I have fixed 2 seized pumps so far, just by soaking them in WD40 overnight.

The answer in Philippines is to use only Petron Blaze 100 fuel which is the only one available which contains no Ethanol.
  5. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    When I met with Gugla last year they didn't have anything specific for the TR yet. But I'm chasing him at the moment for a model that could fit.