Fuel Pump Missing Part

Discussion in '610/630' started by buslak, Aug 28, 2019.

1. buslak Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hello guys once again.

Today I took apart fuel pump to change filter plus check whats wrong with fuel level sensor. But I found out that one part seems to be missing. I dont know whats that and what is its purpose. Its circled in red circles. Bike has been running kinda fine after I repaired the problem from my last thread.

Does anyone know whats that part and if its okay to ride her wirhout it? Its right above the white fuel connector and there should be gas running through.

FYI: I messured wires connected to level sensor and they seems to be okay cause I got few ohms when testing if they are broken. Any ideas what else to check? I ve read some threads but my english isnt that good to understand what to do

Thank you all for any info.
    Have a nice day.

Attached Files:

2. buslak Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    I also had sometimes troubles after fixing the wire problem from my last thread, that my bike runs okay but when I reach cca 130km/h it starts to "choke" like not enough gas is going in. Unlike my last problem this is happening only in certain RPM so I changed fuel pump but it didnt help. I slowly start to be a little sad because I ride it couple weeks and then something breaks :D
  3. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    That is the pressure regulator. It operates at 45psi to keep the fuel pressure at the injector at a constant 45psi.
  4. buslak Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Thank you very much for your post. But I dont understand if you want to say that the missing part is pressure regulator or that PR might cause my problems with “choking”.
    I am still kind of new so I really appreciate any help or suggestion
  5. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    look for it inside the tank. he probably broke off and fell into it. without the pressure regulator the bike malfunctions because you have a "low pressure" on the petrol circuit. I hope I explained myself
  6. buslak Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Thank you very much. Your explanation is perfect :)
    I will look for it but I think that it wasnt in the tank while I was removing fuel pump. Anyways, thank you for help :)
  7. buslak Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Okay guys, a little update.

Today my mechanic found out that my bike doesnt have regulator in the tank but near a injection (photo).

He told me to do simple test. Unplug the hose going to white knee and everything else plug in. Regulator is bad when you turn key on so the pump starts to work and fuel starts running immediately. It might leak a little while after but not immediately. So we think that FR is broken.

I will let you know if it was the problem when I get knew newone, if I will be able to of course :)

Attached Files: