Fuel mapping for new-to-me SMS

Discussion in '610/630' started by Teacherman, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Teacherman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    08' KTM 200 XC
    I just picked up a 2011 SMS and it is mostly stock. The power up mod hasn’t been performed so the fuel map is horrible. Parts are ordered but no idea as to how long until I receive them. The bike came with Acropovic cans and a JD programmer not installed. Can I use the programmer to fix the mapping until I get the power up parts? If so, any advice as to what settings to use?
    Thanks
  2. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    If you fit the PU, you can modify the map using iBeat software via the connector next to the headlamp behind the plastic surround. Look for the iBeat thread in this section and in the EFI section. #Dynobob on here recommended the settings for mine, it runs well. With iBeat, you need the PU fitted to modify the fuel settings. No idea about the JD, sorry.
  3. Teacherman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    08' KTM 200 XC
    Thanks for the advice. I read about the ibeat and I like the idea of it, but I am hoping to use the tuner since I have one. If I can’t figure out the settings, I will try the ibeat route.
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    I don't know much about the JD tuner, but generally speaking you need to add fuel in the high rpm ranges. They are fine down low and in the mid range.

5. NeoGeniX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes you need to do the PU first, then add the JD jetting kit. Also make sure to drill some holes in your airbox, it is too restrictive without them.