1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel Injection Bog

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Huskyyyyy, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Huskyyyyy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    TT350 1994
    TE310 2011 bogs and dies when I give it a handful of throttle. Easing on the throttle is better, but the bike still doesn't run well and will cut out. Fuel pump works as I have tested it. I am assuming this is an injector/throttle body/fuel delivery issue? Anyone had a similar issue/know what to look for and test myself? I don't have access to iBeat personally, but last resort I can take it to my nearest Husqvarna dealership.
  2. funmachines Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husa FE570, Beta trials, CDale 440
    You should get your own Ibeat set-up - the cable is cheap and you can download the software for free. Many threads about issues with 2011 and 2012 TE310 fuel injection adjustment and tuning.
    R_Little likes this.
  3. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    If you haven't already, try a new spark plug. Have you checked you've got a nice blue spark at the spark plug?

Wriggle all wiring plug connections with engine idling. You'll hear the engine change note or speed if you've got a poor connection.

Check inlet manifold for possible leaks. You can do this by spraying wd40 or similar onto the manifold, throttle body, etc. while the engine is idling. If the engine note changes at all, you've got a leak.
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    also, on your era of xlites, the coolant temperature sensor (cts) has been known to get flaky and provide the ecu with errant info. $20. Supposedly, the older black sensors are more susceptible to failure than the newer white ones.

I don't know of a CTS test on the bike. You might try unplugging it when warm... if the bike runs the same then maybe it's bad. Or short the leads with a 660 ohm resistor (guessing) to see if it runs better, which would indicate it's bad. [after the bike is warm- the theory I'm working here is that it's a negative temperature coefficient thermistor; if it's an op-amp or something else then who knows?]

I've never have done any of these tests.
  5. Huskyyyyy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    TT350 1994
    Haven't changed the spark plug yet, will I need to remove the tank to change it or is there a special way I can get to it?
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    The tank removes with one bolt. Seat, cross-over hose, pump connection, fuel line, reserve light connection. I'm probably forgetting something minor.
  7. Huskyyyyy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    TT350 1994
    Changed out the spark plug, no difference. Thinking possibly a clogged/dirty injector?
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes, it could very well be a dirty injector. take it out and spray carb cleaner on both sides of the pintel.

do not discount the CTS failure. do a search for this infamous component & its symptoms, and its numerous failures.

good luck.
  9. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    Try re-calibrating your throttle position sensor. You can do this without iBeat. If the problem persists then you'll need to use iBeat or a dealer to troubleshoot the problem.

TPS Quick Reset
    - Fully Warm Motorcycle
    - Disconnect the battery for approx 2 minute, then hook it back up again.
    - Turn the ignition key on.
    - Turn the throttle to full stop and then back again.
    - Turn the ignition key off, wait 5 seconds, and then turn it back on again.
    - Start the bike without touching the throttle.
  10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Get I-beat and check for faults.

Was it running okay before?
  11. Huskyyyyy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    TT350 1994
    So I just tried recalibrating the TPS, and whilst trying to warm it up, after about 2 minutes the bike stalled. The pump started to sound more unhealthy as I continued to kickstart the bike. It restarted, but shortly after, stalled again. I can't get it started now. When the bike is cold, starts second kick every time and I can hear the fuel pump working perfectly. I've read that some pumps are faulty when they reach working temperature. Do I simply have a faulty fuel pump?
  12. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very possible, I've had three fail in 7 years.