1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel consumption?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by chamber66, Mar 24, 2009.

1. chamber66 Guest

Why does my 2005 TE450 use more fuel than all my mates bikes?
    Whenever we stop for fuel i put in at least 1 litre more than them, which works out quite expensive over here. The bike runs well with no problems and the plug is a good color. Any ideas?
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Race Map, Power up kit, how much do you way, Higher revs,

Are your buddys on 450s as well?:excuseme:
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'd switch bikes with them for a bit and see if that changes. The difference in riding style (e.g. when to shift) makes a huge difference.

The 2005 bikes, even in Europe, did not have EFI. Although many things could have been done to the bike that would effect mileage such as a different exhaust and jetting.
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    :doh::doh::doh:
    There I go again...:D
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :lol::lol::lol:

It's all good :thumbsup:
  6. chamber66 Guest

As far as i can tell the bike is pretty much standard. Most of my mates do ride 450's and we pretty much have the same gearing. very happy with the bike, it's just i thought it a bit odd/expensive :confused:
  7. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is the carb running rich?

Alec
  8. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

The '05 bikes had a MUCH lower final drive ratio than '06 and newer bikes. I bet you are revving a bit more, assuming your mates are on non-'05 bikes. Also the '06 and '07 bikes make more power (compression ratio, valves, etc.) so there too they will have a slight advantage and that could contribute.

If you are all on '05's with similar gearing, then its riding style. Guys who are smooth and short shift get a lot better milage than guys who are on the gas then on the brakes then on the gas. Just some ideas for ya.