Front Fork Clicker Mis-match

Discussion in '610/630' started by vivekjayasheel, Nov 11, 2016.

1. vivekjayasheel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SM-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam RD350, Kawa KB-100, 07 Fireblade
    Hi all,

I have an '08 SM-610 which has always had a strange issue: The rebound adjuster clicker on the left fork has 26 adjustment clicks while the right one has only 22. Is this normal? Or did Husqvarna finally offer compression and rebound damping in separate legs and forgot to update the info in their user manual?

I ask this, because setting both clickers to 12 clicks anti-clockwise gives a weird feeling. Should I try adjusting them from the fully open position instead of fully closed?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Husky never offered compression adjustment, but their manuals were written as if it was. No compression adjustment unless a previous owner added it, and the adjusters are on the bottom of the Marzocchi forks.
    The manual gives the adjustment for rebound as 12 clicks from fully closed, as youve said. Stick to what the manual recommends as a starting point and keep a written note of any adjustment made from there.
    The adjustment/clicking mechanism is inside the top cap.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/sm610-fork-fix.78495/
  3. vivekjayasheel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SM-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for clearing that up!

I knew about the TE-type bottom-mounted compression damping adjusters and my bike does not have them. The compression rate and damping is fine for my weight. It is just the rebound damping that seems curiously off now. My tuner had set it up perfectly but when I went to check the numbers, I discovered each leg had a different number of clicks than the other. I can't kick myself enough for not having written down those 2 numbers. Will ask him when he is back in town.
  4. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I cant help with the mismatched click numbers.
    Heres what to do,
    Turn the adjusters all the way in (closed), then put dots next to each other on the cap and adjuster with a sharpie or something that wont easily wipe off.
    Count how many turns it takes to turn the adjusters out til they stop
    If the numbers of turns dont match, then turn the one that tuned more back, until it matches where the other one stopped.
    Now the adjusters are set equally turned out, ride the bike and start turning them in until you get the feel you want.
    Start soft and work the damping in, its easier to feel an under damped bike.
    If the wheel is bouncing uncontrollably,then there isnt enough damping.
    If the wheel feels like its losing grip over a bump, then theres probably too much damping. The wheel isnt riding over the bump, its jumping off it.
    KayDubbya likes this.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husky actually did put the compression adjusters on the earlier models but quit doing it around 2007 or 2008.
    Spice Weasel likes this.
  6. vivekjayasheel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SM-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    I adjusted the clickers clockwise starting from the fully out position instead of anti-clockwise from the fully in. I ended up at 8 turns in for both forks (which means 14 turns out for the right fork and 18 for the left). This seems to work best. :excuseme: