1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Front Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 2wheellove, Feb 7, 2017.

1. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    NInja 1000ABS V65 Magna CR80R
    Does anyone know where I can get a rebuild for the master cylinder on my 09' TE310? I have looked for the OEM part and everywhere I go it says discontinued.

I think I could probably use a KTM part, but I have no idea what years of KTM use the same master as my bike. Does anyone have a part number for me that knows will work?

FYI, I was about to order part 32 from here:
    http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/ktm/2010/300xc/handlebar,-controls?fam=Chassis

Thanks in advance,

Dan
  2. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
  3. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, that is the part. The issue is that it's discontinued...so even if I place an order with that dutch shop...chances are I will find out that they don't have it. I was trying to find the KTM part so I can just go to the dealership and pick one up for this weekend. KTM and HUSKY used a lot of the same brembo parts...but I am not sure what years. I found this one on amazon...looks identical to the one in my master...but then again I am not 100% without taking measurements.

https://www.amazon.com/KTM-CYLINDER...F8&qid=1486496629&sr=1-1&keywords=50313008300

Dan
  4. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Yeah that even looks like the kit I used to rebuild my clutch master cylinder. Exactly the same as you, Husky didn't list it so my local parts place ordered me the KTM equivalent. If you're going to pick the part up maybe disassemble it and take the piston and spring down there and compare them? I may have posted the part number I used in an old thread so will look it up in case it turns out to be the same as yours.
  5. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    That would great if you could get me the part number you used. I took some pictures and measurements of the piston for reference. 10mm diameter may actually be indicating a 11mm piston set due to the seals. I also found what I believe is the brembo part number on the side(10.4623.98). Going to look into this tonight and see if I can find a match. Otherwise, I will just bring it to the dealer and have them match it up (I already called them today and they said that wouldn't be an issue.)

WP_20170207_17_47_35_Pro.jpg WP_20170207_17_49_24_Pro.jpg WP_20170207_17_50_09_Pro.jpg
  6. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just an update...so I went ahead and bought this kit from ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/282329263259

I checked the cylinder and the piston and it does seem that they are both 10mm. So, I simply searched for a 10mm KTM brake piston kit and came up with part number 54813008200. Other than the fact that the piston is black instead of brown, I think its the same part. Plus, the seller is located in NJ so I should have the part in a few days if that. I will update the thread to verify when it comes in. I hope this solves my brake issue and I dont have to buy the whole assembly.

Dan
  7. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Hey mate. This is the part number I used for my clutch 54802032000. It's different to the ones you've posted. Maybe the length of piston and spring are the differences? Plus maybe the position of the seals. I suppose you just wanna make sure your new part is identical. It's a good idea to check the barrel of your master cylinder too, to make sure there aren't any imperfections or corrosion in there.

What was up with your brakes? If that doesn't fix it then maybe strip and rebuild the calliper? I found a vacuum bleeder to be very handy. No matter how good I thought my previous methods were!
  8. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank You. That number is for a clutch master...I need the brake master. I think they are different.

The brake looses pressure. If I pump it a bunch of times I can get the brake feel back for a couple seconds and then it eventually goes back to nothing. I think the inside seal is worn. No external leaks so i suspect that the external seal is doing its job by pushing the fluid back into the reservoir after the lever returns. I cleaned the current master and re-bled it a few times. Still wont hold pressure. I am hoping that its just the seals/pistons and not the cylinder. If the cylinder is shot, I may have to replace the whole thing.

Dan
  9. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    yeah maybe. would be interesting to do a side-by-side with them. have you taken the calliper off and pumped the brake to make sure the seals there aren't leaking?
  10. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Okay, so KTM part 54813008200 was the winning ticket. Same numbers on the piston and everything. Hopefully that will help someone else out here on the forum at some point.

Now back to the issue...I am still having brake issues so I am thinking the problem might be the cylinder or something else I am not seeing elsewhere in the system. I just don't get it. It feels like the brakes will build pressure and then drop off like a safe. At first I thought it was just air...but air would just make the lever feel spongy all the time...There are no external leaks...anywhere! I just don't understand where the pressure loss is coming from. I may need to just buy a whole new brake master...but then again I have no idea if that will solve the issue or not.

Dan
    KaramanTE450 and MotAd like this.
  11. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Have you had the calliper off mate? Wondering if it's worth replacing the seals although re-reading your post, it almost sounds like the fluid is getting past the seals in the master cylinder. How was the inside of the barrel?
  12. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    no, but that is going to be my next move. I was going to try reverse bleeding it first, but I may just be pissing in the wind. I will check the caliper this week and let you know. I would think that if the seals are bad in the caliper it would be leaking...but then again maybe not. its only one piston so its really not that complex.

Dan
  13. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    If it's of any help I've never had a problem bleeding brakes and getting pressure in the system but on my 310 when I did the clutch rebuild I couldn't get perfect pressure until I vacuum bled it. Even reverse bleeding it I couldn't get it 100%. As you say it's simple so probably worth stripping the system and going again
    2wheellove likes this.
  14. crem55 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any fix on this topic? I'm having the same issue now