1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Franzenstein Bike

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Tahitian_Red, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Tahitian_Red Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've always wanted to build a "Frankenstein Bike" (Best parts from many years to build a Monster!) A friend has a 1978 Maico frame with a 1981 490 Maico engine,forks and swingarm. This is supposed to be the best combination Maico GP/Evo bike.

I'm thinking about doing a Swedish version or "Franzenstein Bike". What do you guys think would be the best frame, motor, suspension combos?
  2. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Is that elected for a Franzenstein Bike ???

Attached Files:

3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You have a winner!:applause:
  4. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    my personal (Franzenstein bike) is a 1986 430ae chassis with a 1986 xc swingarm 1984 400wr with a 430 topend and a complete (wheel and all)2001 showa frontend w/ applied triple clamps from a honda cr250. sorry no pics. but its a pretty clean unit.
  5. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

:cheers::applause:
    what tease, take a pics and post it already..:thumbsup:thats a nice rig to not let us all enjoy..
  6. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

HVA frame with a honda 500 four or a 400 cz ???:banghead:

Attached Files:

7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Funny on the 500/4 as the stock motor probably made more power and weighed a quarter the weight.
  8. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    Mattskn, I'll take some pics this weekend. its also street legal. new york tag and inspection. the perks of working for a dealership and friends @ DMV. I also have a 1985 250CR with the entire ass end (wheel ,swingarm,shock and subframe) from a 1987 250XC. that one is a clean unit also ,but needs a new left sidepanel (excessive heat made it very brittle).
  9. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

510 KSI-HVA !:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

10. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Michel- enough, stop, i can't take anymore!!! That bike is soooo freakin trick i want one
  11. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

A 390 with a monoshock !!!:D

Attached Files:

12. Tahitian_Red Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow guys! I was just thinking about putting 1983 forks and an 18" rear wheel on a 79 250CR and lowering the suspension to 10.5".

This stuff is crazy! (keep it coming) :applause:
  13. HuskyT Moderator

You guys are making me seriously think about getting restarted on my 390 CR project bike... the dustpile ( 390 CR) in the corner of my garage shop doesn't even bother to cry my name when I walk by right now it has been so long since I have held it or touched it ...

3 months of Little league baseball and girls softball seasons left... 4 practices per week + games on saturday and sunday..... + piano lessons and swim lessons ...home work and school projects = 2 very active kids...

How do you guys find the free time to do all of this stuff?

T
  14. HuskyT Moderator

TR - I have all of this ( exact same conversion) sitting in my garage waiting for the time and money to finish it right..... just when you have a great idea of where you want to go, someone comes along and does something even better than the last guy and you sit there scratching your head reanalyzing your entire project...

Keep up the good work all of you... Very inspiring!!!

T
  15. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky T- no kids or pets. BTW, missed a decent race at Glen Helen plus I got to meet T-R and see his fab-u-lous stock/barn-find '78 250 CR (ohhh, the memories...)
  16. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

My father had a very simple approach to making sure he could do the things he like to do. He simple went ahead and did them and he made sure to bring the kids along. He loved mt climbing. From age 6 on I was mt climbing every week end. In the winter he loved skiing. from age 3 on I was skiing every weekend. Not much little league, or basket ball or that sort of thing was done in our house. If it got in the way of climbing or skiing ... it didn't get done!!
  17. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorta us too- flying, water & snow skiing, hiking (ever do Pinkham Notch or stay over night at the Huts on the A trail Zeelan Falls NH)