1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Frankenstein Bike.

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Lorden, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Lorden Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi all, I bought a Frankenstein bike where the part seems to come from everywhere..

I wonder if someone could help me identify what the original parts and colours should look like.

It's a wr250 from 1978 which is registered for one passanger and for the road. That's the main reason I bought it.

What I found out so far is:

1. The tank in aluminium is from 1983 or was this big tank available at that time? What would the original colour be? Colour code?
    2. Saddle is from a Yamaha. Already searching for a new one.
    3. Fender back seems to be some old UFO or aftermarket fender.
    4. Frame should be silver I think. If some one has the color code please let me know. Don't think they had white colour 1978?
    5. Rear shocks absorbers are some Italian stuff Corte Cosso I think it should be girling?
    6. Headlight is crap. Looking for new one with the grid infront. Also the rubber mountings is missing.
    7. Kickstarter and it's shaft is beyond repair. Already in discussion with husqvarna classic in Sweden buying a new one even if it is expensive I guess that is my only option?
    8. Transmission cover has a small hole because of the bad Kickstarter. Thinking of having it welded but I'm unsure of what material should be added. If some one knows what to use please let me know. I suspect there's a lot magnesium in the cover?
    9. Cover at the front sprocket is missing. Husqvarna classic has repo in carbon fibre. Original would be nicer of course.

My first goal.is to have it running and then I will buy a parts when it shows up for a reasonable price. I have realized that this is probably a restoration project for a very long time if I shouldnt start sell parts of myself to finance it.

So if anyone has any information how this bike should look please let me know. Also interested in owner's guide in a single pdf. Partlist I have and a link to the ownera manual online.

Sorry for the massive amount of questions

Cheer
    Henrik
    947726B1-327B-4144-8CE8-3578E8FF8916.jpeg
  2. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    240wr79.jpg

tn_1978_250-390_WR.jpg

original bike 250 WR 1978
  3. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    you have tank "jumbo"
    aluminium 10 /12 or 13 liters !
    1981/82 or 1983 !
  4. Lorden Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks. I will start searching for the parts..

Have a nice Weekend
  5. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    947726B1-327B-4144-8CE8-3578E8FF8916.jpeg

big tank ! plastics ??
  6. Lorden Husqvarna
    AA Class

No it is aluminium. I saw a site in UK who took 650£ for a restored one.