1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Fouling Plugs On My Wr250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Loco, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Loco Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    I thought I would add my experience to this forum. My 2006 WR250 started fouling plugs about a year ago. I have a #15 pilot (yes, not a typo) and 400 main jet. I did every trick I read on this forum, but no success. Until I took the needle valve seat out. The o'ring posed no resistance when I pulled it out. I could hear a leak when I blew through the fuel intake of the carb, even when I pushed the floater closed. Took it apart, replaced the O'ring, and no carb leakage anymore. Took it for a spin, the bike purrs with the new pilot jet #32.5. Hope the fouling issue is over. Will update next time I go for a ride.
    Ed
    gaz, 2premo and Dirtdame like this.
  2. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Good advice mate. Thanks for taking the time to share that. My 06 fouls plugs sometimes but opening the airscrew a bit solves the problem every time. Now Im wondering if thats just treating the symptom.
  3. Canadaeastktm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250XCF, Beta 250RR, KTM 350SXF
    Good post.
    What altitude and temps do you ride?
    I just my second hand WR250 (2008) and will have to start finding out how to the this bike jetted (it starts and runs, but sputters off from idle if not giving it gas).
  4. Loco Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    I am in toronto an ride from 0-400 m and 0 to 28C.been fiddling with jets and float height and nothing fixes the issue other than keeping my ridiculously small pilot #15. It gets really hard to start on cold days. Let us know what pilot jet you have installed. here is my setup:
    Pilot=15
    main=400
    needle= 6DJ8-61
    SLIDE=3.0
    IDLE=more than 1.5 turns, but do not remember exactly.
  5. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    what position, from the top, is the needle clip in?