Fmf Slip-on Exhaust For Te449

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by jimbo762, Dec 29, 2017.

1. jimbo762 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    I have installed an aftermarket slip on exhaust on my 2014 TE449 and I need some help as to what other modifications I will need to maximize performance. This model year does not have the mapping switch which came on some previous years.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    There was never a map switch. It's s jumper under the seat. Do a quick search here to see what others have done to create one. They just stopped including the nice jumper plug by then. Have The Akropovic map AKA Map3 loaded into your ECU. That's just for starters. There is much more you can do.
    jimbo762 likes this.
  3. jimbo762 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    I appreciate the info. I will see if I can locate the jumper and remap the ECU.
    Best Regards,
  4. MFGamesta Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    S1000R, Beta 500 RR-S
    I did the same as you. The jumper switch is in there near the ECU. It has a cap on it. I originally used a paper clip to connect the 2 wires. Then I just cut the plug off and tied the wires together. I thought I may want to use the "leaner" map to save a bit of gas if I'm on a long trip. The bike runs so bad in the original mode, I NEVER use it. Just jump it with a paper clip and be done with it. That way the parts stay original.

BIG difference.
  5. jimbo762 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Thanks for the info, did you remap the ECU also?
  6. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Absolutely reflash ecu to map 3 with slip on. If not it will run lean and hot and probably flameout. Take smog junk off, fmf slip on, jumper in, map 3 reflash and you should be solid. Also see if Ziptyracing still has aluminum gas cap and get rid of the plastic pos that came on it. Run the Mobil one 0-w40 full syn euro oil n change 300 to 500 miles and only put in about 1000 to 1100 ml so it doesn't puke into the air box and let her rip! Edit. I do miss the 449 she was sexy image.jpeg
  7. jimbo762 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Nice looking bike! I appreciate the information. what is the best way to remap the ECU, can I do this myself or would it be best to have a shop do it. I am in Louisville, KY and there is no dealer here. I’ve seen programmers online but not sure if that will do it for me or not.
    Teambowles likes this.
  8. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Call Ziptyracing and see if they still do it. It's like $40 and you ship your ecu to them they program it and send it back. Just make sure you insure it when you send it. You can't do it yourself you need the program and ability to reflash, it used to be a big husqvarna machine at the dealer. I think your thinking about a programmer like power commander imo try map 3 before you spend like $500 on an after market programmer I think you'll be very happy after above things are done
  9. jimbo762 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Thanks again, I will call them and get this thing sent off. I have been pretty disappointed in the power of this bike so far and I am looking forward to the changes this may bring. Thanks again for the help with this!
    Teambowles likes this.
  10. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Anytime, after you open it up imo you won't be disappointed. Just keep in mind it's not gonna be like a yz450 or fc450 etc...but it will be much better than stock.
  11. jimbo762 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    I sent zip ty racing a message regarding the ECU, I will get that sent to them ASAP. I’m looking forward to getting these changes completed for sure. Thanks
    Teambowles likes this.
  12. jimbo762 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Well I have the FMF slip on installed, ECU has been remapped and the jumper connection has been taken care of. I getting ready to order my wheels and just have one other question. What rear sprocket would you recommend running, the bike has a 51 tooth on it now. Zip Ty Racing took care of the ECU for me pretty quickly, I would recommend them to anyone else who may want to have this work done. appreciate any help with this also.
    Best Regards
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Thank you for the kind words. We try our best to get them turned around ASAP.
  14. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    You gonna make it a super motard or just dirt?