1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Flywheel weight saga Tc510

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Flash319, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    So I have been wanting to add some weight to my TC since last summer. I am trying to eliminate as much stalling as I can. I upped the idle and that made a huge change but I would still like to add some.
    I have a machine shop so I thought I would just pull my flywheel and make something. Nope. The TC flywheel is made of one piece and the back is not flat. There is no good way to make something that I would rely on in the bush.

[IMG]

So I fount a TE flywheel on eBay and I see that it is 2 piece so I figured that it was heavier.

[IMG]

The TC is much nicer. The magnets and the pickup nub is in the same spot so look like it will work. So I weigh them....

TC
    [IMG]

TE
    [IMG]

Shit!!,,

So off to plan B. Make a weight for the TE flywheel since I can make something to mount onto the riveted part that is machined and flat. I drew up a 3d model and it looks like I can get something in there about 11oz. I will update once I make one.

Here are some more pics I took.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    For sh!t's and giggles before you go crazy you should run the TE flywheel to make sure eveything is good before you go crazy!
  3. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    Good call. I really cant see any difference though. You would think something would be different cause why bother with the different ones? I thought it was weight......

Although the TE one is from an 06, my bike is 08. The part number is 8040 then 8041. Maybe all the 08 flywheels were the newer style. Easier to manufacture.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  4. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Sometimes you just never know, better to have the peace of mind knowing itll work before you spend hours of life for nothing! Good luck post updates, flywheel weight was one of the best things I did on my YZ450, i used to stall & kick that thing all day...
  5. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    How much weight did you add to the YZ?
  6. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    I believe I went up to 10oz. I was running the GTYR one.
  7. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    Update.
    Finished making the weight. My cad was close as it weighs 10.55 oz. I just have to weld it on. There is about 1mm clearance between weight and the bracket that holds the back chain guide on.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    hakkalugi likes this.
  8. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    Well I got it fired up and runs about the same. I have not road it yet so not sure the difference. I hope it makes a difference so all the work wasn't for nothing.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Trenchcoat85 and hakkalugi like this.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's a good thing. Hoping it works for you.