1. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I've never had a problem with flat tires until I started riding this bike. In 6 years of racing my RM125, I never had a single flat. I've had 1 or 2 every year since I bought the Husky. I don't see anything wrong with the rim, and run 15 psi (like I always have) to be safe. Anybody else have this problem?
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Are you getting flats on the track? Pinch flats?
    My last flat was on the xr250, 4 or 5 years ago, HS racing in the roots and gnarly pines someplace in SC. I don't do anything special and I don't run 15 psi. I do run stout tires though, especially now with Tubliss in the rear. Up front Mezteler MC4 or 5 or Maxxis EN, recently a leftover D756F, not 1 flat. I usually run Bridgestone standard tube up front without issue, but have Motoz HD in now and able to run 10.5 psi in the rocks and roots and trees. No big air though.
    Maybe time to reconsider your tire choice :confused:
    justintendo likes this.
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Aside from checking your rim tape and spoke ends and assuming you are using extra heavy duty tubes (Vee Rubber are 100% rubber and are excellent) maybe run and extra pound or 2, although that seems excessive.
    I am 240 pounds without gear and have only had 2 flats in the past 5-6 years riding rocky rutted single trail.

PS check your rim lock edges
    NCSteve and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I'm in the same boat as you, zero flats for years- ...and on my '14 TE310r I've had 6 now.

I've traced 2 (maybe 3??? crs) to the rimlocks. They are causing an abnormal amount of abrasion. I turned the tubes over and I am considering padding the rimlocks (I think tubliss users know the technique). I may switch rimlocks in the future. BTW, the cause of the other 4 (3) flats? 2 are mystery flats- which I hate (meaning: I found a hole, but not the reason for the hole)

also: 5 rear flats; 1 front flat (sheesh, been about 10 years!) which was one of my rimlock flats, with 3500miles on the tube. I may not have flipped the tube when I put on my 216AA fatty, which I normally do.
  5. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I think they're pinch flats. They're not normally near the rim lock. All my flats have been on the rear and I've checked everything. Running Michelin MH3 right now, but I've tried a bunch of rubber, and had flats with all of them.

I'm going to the bike shop tomorrow, and think I'm going with a tubliss setup.
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Man, that's strange to be getting pinch flats @ 145lbs on the 150. Is this on the track or trail?
    I forgot, I do a small something special. I replaced the stock rim locks with MP Lite Locs, but doesn't sound like that's your prob. I'd still be truing and cleaning the rim, checking the spoke nipples very carefully.

Big :thumbsup: for Tubliss
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I run 16psi everywhere with ultra heavy duty tubes(3.5-4mm thick) n still get the odd pinch flat. Will check rim locks too next time dye for tyres as I know some of the rubber coating has bn worn away exposing the ally. Mine are normally from poor technique like slamming into square edged ruts that cause a pinch flat. If I could afford n be arsed to run mousse tubes I would but can't be arsed with the expense n Lubin em all the time!
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    ...should've mentioned that I run 9-11psi normally. We have rocks here, but about 20% only although some are pretty sharp edged.

My most mysterious flat looked like a sharpened piece of fine stainless steel wire penetrated the tire sidewall below the tread, made little tiny "S" shaped cuts in the tube and then got pulled out. No trace at all in the sidewall of the tire (inside or out; MotOz Mtn Hyb.)- hate that shit.
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Guys over the top of your rim tape run 2 complete circumfereces of quality 2 inch duct tape. Put some talk powder into the new tyre and spread it around (reduces friction).
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Ajaxauto taught me a little secret. I got a couple of pinch flats running lower pressures in our rocky desert. Talcum powder is one thing, but mousse soap is even better. Slather some on the partially inflated tube and enjoy.
  11. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    Mouses are even better!
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  12. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I run 12 psi max..... I'm a fat arse.... run Bridgestone Ultra heavy duty tubes.... I even wrap an old one around the outside.... tons of baby powder.... make sure you have a good rim lock
    NCSteve likes this.
  13. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Talc is old school and works great. I treat all news tires the same and have since I first changed a tire in the 70s :oldman: Put some corn starch in the tire and roll it around to coat the inside, put a tube in it and inflate until the tire is spread open, store in the dry until needed. Preserves the tire and makes 'em easier to install.
    :cheers:
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hmmm mousse soap huh. Will give it a go. Putting a new 606 on the 630 next week.
    Cheers all.
  15. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I remove the rubber band and add two layers of duct tape cut to fit the rim with were the rubber band was. I put baby powder inside the tire and roll it around so it coats the inside of the tire. I slightly inflate the tube then deflate it and coat the tube with powder. I put simple green on the bead of the tire both sides. Now I replace any missing rim locks. Inflate it, set the pressure, set the rim locks, hand tighten the nut on the valve stem. The simple green also allows the tire to spread open on the rim too.

I have no clue why people remove rim locks.
    NCSteve likes this.
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Just an FYI. Simple Green will sort of etch and eat aluminum. I use either WD40 or Bel Ray 6 in 1 instead.
    mekanik and NCSteve like this.
  17. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Thanks for the info I didn't know that. I have a tire machine with a rubber lube bottle with orange colored lube I'll use that from now on. Lessons learned.
  18. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I'm an AmorAll addict, buy big jugs at MallWart. Makes everything slickery and pretty :rolleyes:
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Dish washing liquid in a spray bottle works. Or yeah armour all/tyre shine/wd40
  20. JAM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300
    Does your CR have a 19 inch rear wheel? The 18 inch will have a taller side wall, thus less prone to flats off-road.
    steadydirt likes this.