Flase neutrals

Discussion in '610/630' started by Stujam, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Any one had any issues with this .
    12 630 with 7k on clock .
    Oil was due ( refreshed @ 4.5k ) .

Has 2 incidents over 2 days where i was engaged in 3rd coming down hill over rough ground fairly fast, off throttle engine breaking and then nothing , in neutral floating, was a bit scary .

Bike has been flawless , hoping it was just a case of maybe i wasnt engaged in 3rd like i thought i was ?

Guess I give it some fresh oil & see . Anything to look for ?
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Shifting fork maybe. Not familiar with that bike but my old Honda race bike, after a number of times popping out of gear, finally did it the last time by dropping a valve at redline. The shifting fork was worn and I was young and too cheap to fix it. I get false neutrals on every bike if I make a lazy shift though. Popping out of gear makes me think it is wearing something.
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    If you've ever dropped it on the shifter like i have, you could have a bent shift fork. Mine got pretty bad suddenly with false neutrals, eventually lost 2nd and 3rd.
  4. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Never dropped it on that side .. Will freshen up oil & have a look at oil ..Assuming there should be some signs ?
  5. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Never split cases on a bike before .. Is it a big job to replace shifted fork ?
  6. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

Were no big chunks in my case, the dogs were just rounded off the sides of the gears and it wouldn't hold.
    Once they rounded enough, torque forced them apart, bending the fork to the point that 2nd and 3rd were dead, but I made it home.

I just yanked the motor and carried it to my local guy that did work for the Husky dealer, that was around 10k miles, 6k miles ago, no problems since.

If you've never split the case on a big single before, this is probably not the bike to learn on.
  7. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I would keep riding until i got persistent problems, then deal with splitting the cases. I would worry about getting in there to find nothing wrong, so best wait until theres no doubt something is wrong
  8. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Ye i think i will do this , fresh oil and see how it goes.
    Ta all for the help / comments
  9. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    Just a thought but I wonder if it has anything to do with you replacing the clutch washers?
  10. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    I also get flase neutrals from time to time. I've got one the last sunday on a 100km trail ride. In total, may be 4 times since I bought the bike (2.500kmm since then)
    Maybe is my fault, may be is bike fault.
    Although It has never happened to me driving the small TE310

BTW, I has not replaced the cluth washers... yet
  11. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    I havent done mine yet . I put cush hub in @1k and have being watching the oil . I am going to drop the oil and pull the clutch basket to inspect soon - will see what condition they are in - be interesting to see as all 3 610 i did had big wear all under 5k .
  12. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Did the oil , oil filter & lhs basket filter and everything was squeeky clean . Very little sludge on plug , no large bit of metal , a few very very small shards on oil filter when pulled apart but probably less then i would expect from any oil change .
    Fresh oil n will pull clutch @ 10k service.