1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

First Ride

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by TXC&KTM, May 4, 2009.

1. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

:D Just took my 08 250 txc for an extensive first ride...Verdict: love it! I was going to hold onto my KTM because its a great ride...didn't think it could be topped.

the 250 sxf is as good as sold! any takers?

(*note: this is not a for sale thread!)
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sounds great! :applause:

Luckily this site is independent of any other site and is much more relaxed :)
  3. M357.5 Husqvarna
    A Class

So what aspects of the TXC do you like better, what exactly stands out ? Whats the handling/motor really like ? I'm looking for a quicker turning bike with less overall power/weight than my Husaberg.
    ScottyR has a few 09's that are currently sparking my interest and I have a big hate on for my current bike sooooo its shoppin time.
  4. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

my 250 sxf is lighter/flickable (for 250 4t). a little more zoot, some of which can explained by the mods. I think power/weight is the right focus for your question. I'm not a MX-track guy; I'm more of a trails guy. the e-start really brought a smile to my face around hour 4 or so...the extra ten pounds works for me (170 soaking wet). also, the gearing is more usable imo. perhaps if i were comparing it to an XCFw it wouldn't be as noticeable. since i haven't ridden one, i have no point of reference...

turning is a different story--apples and oranges. my ktm doesn't have a stabilizer and the husky has a wer.

Furthermore, I got the husky with future considerations: 1. ease of maintenance and 2. the 300 kit.

In retrospect, I wish I had found the husky before i bought the KTM.
  5. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

my 250 sxf is lighter/flickable (for 250 4t). a little more zoot, some of which can explained by the mods. I think power/weight is the right focus for your question. I'm not a MX-track guy; I'm more of a trails guy. the e-start really brought a smile to my face around hour 4 or so...the extra ten pounds works for me (170 soaking wet). also, the gearing is more usable imo. perhaps if i were comparing it to an XCFw it wouldn't be as noticeable. since i haven't ridden one, i have no point of reference...

turning is a different story--apples and oranges. my ktm doesn't have a stabilizer and the husky has a wer.

Furthermore, I got the husky with future considerations: 1. ease of maintenance and 2. the 300 kit.

In retrospect, I wish I had found the husky before i bought the KTM.
  6. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    If your TXC rides and handles as good as it looks the pumpkin never stood a chance. :thumbsup:
  7. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm considering an '09 TXC 250 also. How is the suspension in your opinion, stiff ? compliant? How's the high speed stability?
  8. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

It feels firm...it doesn't "answer to" the small, sharp stuff. High speed stability...it had some wobble over the sandy stuff. I may not have the WER stabilizer dialed in yet (its my first experience with one). though my sxf didn't have one it tracked pretty well over the high speed stuff...
  9. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

How many more times can I use the word "stuff" in a thread? I need sleep...