1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc First ride 94 WXC-250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So as some of you know i ended up with a minty 94 WXC-250 for a song.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5000

Last night after work I took it up to a local area to get a few miles on her and see what was up. I got one lap in before the sky opened up and i found myself riding in downpour. this is one SLICK area of clay when wet.

The bad:

- bars / mounts tweaked and i feel like I am turning right all the time. Makes it hard to evaluate the bike properly

- Old S12 tires on slick clay SUCK.

- The brake, especially he front is horrible

- Forks need adjustment / love, not horrible but not great

- Seat / peg relationship is tight. Seat is low and the crappy pegs are high and back. This would be a very good bike for shorter riders.

The Good:

- the motor flat RIPS. this bike was never seized, it runs perfect. Starts first kick, purs like a kitten and RIPS. Has bigbore like lugging power off the bottom and wick the throttle to enjoy a bark and leap forward. Seems to have more bottom and mid than the current WR250 motor but less top. Feels similar to the current motor but maybe stronger on the bottom. the mid range is almost to much and barks and the front wheel launches skyward. Almost feels like a YZ250 with a big flywheel. Pulls out of the low end into the mid EZer than the current motor. It is a point and shoot race motor with a lug-able bottom end. My guess is the older dude (62?) that owned it originally had it get away from him and crashed it (there is some minor road rash / was told he ended up in the hospital with broken bones) and did not want to ride it again. the mid range is strong enough you need to ride it with some respect.

- Goofy looking muffler and add-on sparky works great and is very quiet.

- Pipe is tucked up much better than the current models and seems very thick walled.

- The bike feels small and light. What the heck? Feels kinda 125 like. Feels like the weight is much lower than on the current design and looking at the tank I'm sure it is. I weighed the bike at 238 no fuel otherwise ready to roll. The seat is much more low slung and can put both feet on the ground.

- Tank / seat... The tank is a work of art, super slim, rad shrouds are very narrow and the whole thing disappears under you. 3 plus gallons of fuel carried VERY low and narrow, the new bikes could learn a lot from this. the seat is SUPER comfy and invites you to sit a lot which IMHO is not good. But when you do sit it is very nice.

- Rear suspension is very good. Smooth and controlled.

- despite the horrible tires the bike turns and handles nice. Not awesome but good and competent.

so overall a very good bike with an outstanding motor, tank / seat, and light feel. Some new taller bars, new brake pads, tires and some adjusting here and there and this will be a very good bike. Look forward to putting some miles on her, she is a keeper.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yep, I had a '93 and it was one of my favorite bikes of all time. It used to tear the MX bikes up back in the day just because of how well it hooked up.
  3. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What a great find,love the snow shovel rear fender, congrats. Your playground is beautiful
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok thats just rubbing salt in our eyes LOL. An awsome find for an unreal price and it runs like that.......thats just mean man. Enjoy!
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know what to tell you on that front brake as it was never really super strong. It was good until we got Brembos, makes you see how far brakes have come on a dirt bike. I think I used to use Braking pads and bleed the system good. You are making me want to get out the old '93 WXE 350 from the basement.
  6. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Way cool! Ya know, the whole reason I started looking into huskies a few years ago is because I saw one of these when I was about 9. I thought they were way cool and knew I'd own one someday.

PS Kelly, I thought you were "pretty much a four stroke guy" Guess the tables have turned, your 4t dirt scoots are outnumbered now!:busted:
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Love both 4st and 2st. If it has 2 wheels I'll ride it. I go back and forth a lot.
  8. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I know, me too.:thumbsup: Although I've barely ridden any modern 4's.

Ya know, I was thinking it would be pretty easy and possibly cheap to throw a newer front end on it. Zoke's/Brembo over the Showa/Nissin who'd a thunk it!:busted:
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I know and i have a nearly brand new entire front end off my TE610 I converted to an SM. triple, forks, brakes, wheel... everything. The forks would still need revalved to work well.