First or second oil change question TE610

Discussion in '610/630' started by Grump, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Grump Husqvarna
    A Class

I think the bag filters get checked/cleaned at 600 miles and for me that will be the second oil change. Are the gaskets those reusable rubber coated metal ones or do I need to buy new gaskets for when I pull the side covers?
    Thanks,
    Grump
  2. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello Grump:

The two mesh filters on the left side are accessed by a small metal cover with O-rings. I've cleaned them three times so far without replacing the O rings. I've not cleaned the mesh filter on the right yet (that's the one that is accessed by the engine side cover), but I understand that the gasket there is a replaceable gasket. I've seen posts by others suggesting that they've successfully reused the gasket, but you might want a new one on hand just in case.

Howard
  3. Grump Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi Howard,
    Thanks for the info...I guess a spare on hand along with a few o-rings never hurt anybody. If you have them, you won't need them. If you don't, you probably will. :D
    Grump
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I've never changed the oil on a 610, but... on my 2006 TE250:
    • There was some orange junk (gasket material?) in the oil, screens, and paper filter in the first couple of oil changes and was glad I changed the oil at 100 & 200 miles.
    • The orings have been re-used over and over and see no reason to change those

Perhaps others with 610s could give input.
  5. Grump Husqvarna
    A Class

My other bike got the oil changed at about 50 miles after using the "Mototune" break in method. :D This bike I am going to follow the book. The other bike is fine and I still ride it but this one cost more. :p
    Thanks,
    Grump
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have done lots of oil changes on my TE450. I just inspect all the crush washers and O-rings. If the washers don't appear to be "bottomed out" or mashed too thin and all the O-rings are undamaged and still soft and flexible, I keep using them. Once the O-rings look rough, change physical dimensions or get hard and brittle, they gotta go.:thinking:
  7. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just did my first oil change and re used everything including the clutch cover gasket. For what its worth, the left side screen(s) had lots of break in material on them but the screen inside the clutch cover was perfectly clean. There was no way I was going to do the service and not check it but it wasnt necessary.
  8. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I think the O-rings are good for many changes. George never mentioned changing them on any regular basis. I guess just inspect and re-use or replace.