1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC First of seven XC's on the TX in Vet B class. 4th place. Happy

Discussion in '2st' started by ripnriding, Jun 12, 2017.

1. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    I ran into a fellow Cafe member, JEFF, on the start line. Husky is well represented this year on the XC circuit. CAN'T believe how this bike handles. RJ Motorsport XC event was a gruelling 60 k of HOT HOT HOT riding with the course degrading super quick but the Husky kept me safe. Even in the heat and chugging tight single track sections, overheating was a NON-Issue....for the bike anyways....me....well I believe if you "burp" at the end of a race and this follows with a puke....my heat tolerance has a bit more to be desired...time to start training more in the HEAT!!

Attached Files:

wallybean, Mikey97D, Picklito and 5 others like this.
  2. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Training in the heat is rough. We have 90+ temps all summer and get weeks on end over 100. If you don't learn to deal with the heat right, then you won't train. I suggest if you are going to train in the heat for several hours at a time, bring two bladders for your camel back. One with water, the other with a gator aide/electrolyte type of mix. Start by drinking water. After about the first hour switch over to the electrolyte. And you have to sip at least once every five minutes or less. It's a pain when riding, but you have to make it a habit. Figure out a way to clip the hydro hose to where you can always grab it in the same spot so it takes no time to find it and you'll find you can do it while riding.
    Another trick is to fill and freeze your bladders overnight. They will freeze solid, but the ice starts to melt, and they stay cool most of the day. Just be careful not bend the hoses until they have a few minutes to thaw out. They have a tendency to break when frozen.
    ripnriding likes this.
  3. jwdirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey ripin' that was a good race. Pretty rough in some sections. I was in fifth most of the race but mental mistakes on the last lap cost me a few positions. My riding buddy won the race, next race he will be on a tx as well . Another friend rode my tx and bought one as well. Could be four tx's on the line next race.
    ripnriding likes this.
  4. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    I hear ya on mental mistakes!! Looks like we will have a good ole battle in a few weeks at Port Parry XC Looking forward to it. We just need to keep an eye on that Husaberg rider as our rabbit and make sure he DOESN'T PASS US HAHA