1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Finally got to ride a '17 TE150!

Discussion in '2st' started by Norman Foley, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    At a local enduro today, there was a new bone stock '17 TE150 and the rider let me take it for a spin after we finished. Very nice... light, thin and powerful, but the stock jetting is way off, as everyone knows. I was also able to ride a '17 KTM 150XC-W, with a JD jet kit installed and it ran much better, but had some odd spots. It was my farewell ride on the KTM 200XC-W today, as it's sold and being picked up next Sunday. There might be a few places, the extra grunt will be missed, but not the weight. The '18 TE150 suitably tweaked, will be a very capable replacement... No seller's remorse now!
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nice....im still debating on a 150....i need to ride whatever I'm faster on as next year I may be a little more serious...would seem weird to keep my 250 and have a 150...either small bore all the way or 250...would love to ride one....seen some ktm 150s this way but no new huskys...18 jetting sorted out? That 200 was nice someone should be happy! I thought I read somewhere the 150 is 205 pounds dry no gas ready to ride..pretty incredible considering it is electric start...looking at 17 te 250. 18 tc 250 18 te 150....anyone know of any good reviews on the te 150?? 250 torque is tough to top.....however a small bore at full tilt is and incredible feeling...oh and passing 450's priceless...
    robertaccio and Norman Foley like this.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ty told me in less then 2 weeks my well dialed in TC 125 at only 193 pounds dry will be ready for a test ride
    I do not need a e button, lights, heavy flywheel, Battery, kickstand and a taillight from the TE I will take the 18inch rear wheel
    and the bigger tank. Plus the TC air forks are said to be better and lighter It is going to be a great ride
    Stay tuned for a report There is a sprint endure on sept 9th at Red Mt Calif would love to test it there
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    TE for me in the east. Button is magic to these tired old knees and hips! Kickstand is priceless when at an enduro reset on a road and all the trees to lean a bike against are on the other side of a deep ditch! I need the lights for enduros too. No 300 for the tough and technical rides, so need all the grunt of that big flywheel too.... horses for courses!
    fletchman45 and robertaccio like this.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hear you on the button have one on the 300 But a 125 for me does not need one
    Hear you on the kick stand my 300 has one and I might put one on the 125 But for the Hare and Hounds do not need one
    No lights needed for the Hare and hounds
    Yes the 300 can be a handful in the tight
    I races the Italian 125 for years as a CR with the small flywheel and a lot of people changed there 125 from WR to CR back in the day and it seemed to work
    As for the extra horses yes it will be missed I did KOM 4 years on a 125 geared 12/52 and it was never enough compaired to the stock TE 300 but for the Hare and Hounds the hill are not that big
    Cant wait to report on the testing This new bike will have the best of both what a TE and TC has to offer
  6. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    How much lighter is the 150 over the 200?
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I really need to try one. Hell any 125 based bike
  8. tahoeacr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 '17
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM,Vertigo,Honda,Husaberg
    Where abouts in Colorado you live? I'm coming over there to visit my mom in Montrose and I will be bringing my TE150.
  9. Notdoneyet Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 DRZ 400, 81 HDFXS

2016 200 XC-W

Dry Weight
    219.4 lbs.
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250

Well quit playing around and get one! Called Pay for Play!
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 TE150 Dry Weight
    203 lbs

16.4 lbs is plenty for me and you can really feel it. I'll save a few more, with a lightweight battery too....
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Working on it guy! Dealer is calling as soon as crate hits the pavement behind his shop!
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norm..im pretty sure 17 has lithium ion battery already...203 is claimed dry weight not accurate...off by at least two pounds...tc 125 is not 193 either more like 195 ready to ride no fuel...sorry tc needs some type of flywheel weight in my mind....but he has the right idea...tc fork alone is app four pounds lighter...air fork super versital...can be set up in less then two minutes to run whoops hard or rocks and logs....but 10 pounds not much price to pay for electric start lights odometer big tank and sidestand etc..205 pounds...but.would be.201 with and air fork installed....at the moment I'm sticking with motocross 250 converted..resale will be.way better on a te 150 then a converted tc 125...keep us posted! I may make the drive this weekend and grab either a 17 te 250 18 tc 250 or on the darkside...a te 150...and yes I'm tired of having someone hold my bike at a reset so I can urinate....
    hakkalugi and Norman Foley like this.
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

9. Not claimed 193.....195....you will add weight by changing to and 18 inch rear...ive always run the 19s and never had any problems...a guy needs the ims tank to make a two hour hare scramble...side stand is nice...but probably over a pound...ive never liked 125s or 144s without a small flywheel weight...i dislike immensely when you touch the rear brake pedal and engine stalls...electric start....cool but little kids can start a smallbore...your building a cool machine..and a serious guy I think typically like myself does the motocross bike conversion...
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You guys can argue all night and day, about how E start on a small bore isn't needed and toddlers can kick them over... For me it's sublime! I spent two solid weeks on my kick only '15 TE150, taking mileage and doing other trail work for my club's enduro, as it has my ICO Checkmate mounted. I left the stock odo on the KTM, to keep track of accurate hours to sell it and it doesn't record miles to hundredths. Lots of starting and stopping while working and riding. I can't wear my hearing aids with a helmet, as the sweat shorts them out, so I need to shut down to hear other workers when we talk. With my bad knee and hip, starting gets to be a pain after awhile. I switched back to the E start 200 to ride a local enduro Sunday.... Worth every pound and makes riding a pleasure by comparison. This only applies to crippled old me though!
  16. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    I love my estart. I used to ride a yz450 in the woods, i dont mind kicking but its a nice convenience to have. The bikes still so light i dont even notice that extra couple pounds. I think ive actually kicked my bike maybe 2 or 3 times just to do it.
  17. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norman a estart is great I have one on my 300 the thought of doing KOM with out a button is crazy But the Hare and Hounds are easy and I rarely stall it so I thought why carry it around I am just trying to see if it will all work for me again on a 125

As for the 18 inch wheel I have one and also a spare for the 300. I can use all 3 wheels on both bikes. Then
    use all the 18 inch tires Trying to keep them all the same
    BILLF likes this.
  18. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Loving the 18 150xcw. I went that way cuz I like the PDS for my areas, but would never turn away a TE. Jetting is not "sorted out" but is definitely rideable, and all I did for the first ride was drop the needle 1/2 clip for sea level and 1 clip for the 4500-6000ft. break in ride. That really works well, but it bugs me that I'm at the top clip. Just got the head cut to .040" squish, and will tweak jetting for that. Probably will take the slide from 4.0-5.0 next, but will wait for the test, of course. The light weight is inspiring, and the E-start is, well, I'm never going back. There's just no point. I had a well-dialed 2012 WR150 that I sold to get this bike. The WR was truly a pleasure to ride. This one is better.
    BILLF and NCSteve like this.
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Super! That gonna make you a nice bike! Good thing dealer isn't across street from your house or you'd be looking out the window all time!
    Norman Foley likes this.
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm in Colorado Springs. I'm assuming you know Montrose pretty well but if not, check out Highland Cycles. They post a ton of cool rides out there! Appreciate the offer, thank you.