1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Final and for the record 82 to 84wr cylinder porting specs

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by GaryM, Feb 17, 2018.

1. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Here with pics and husky tuning bulletin. Note that the 84WR aircoolded mid to late release cylinder pic. Includes pics of the Boysen ports behind cylinder sleeve and that flows down to lower transfer.

Includes pics of the extra eyelet exhaust ports.

Note include the husky bulletin , and i must updat myself the tuning bulletin has a higher by 1mm transfer port 35.5mm vs standard 84 WR of 36.5 See pics i got 36.6 THIS IS NEW sleeve copy of a 84wr cylinder to replace a cracked one.
  2. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    It will not allow me to insert photos WT what
  3. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
  4. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Will be put on Face book later on friends of Husqvarna Sorry cant insert here
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

click "upload a file" box below right of were you type a post
  6. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are welcome ! Here are your pics on farcebook !
    1a.jpg 1b.jpg 1c.jpg 1d.jpg
  7. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

8. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Don't the guys that really understand this sort of stuff work in degrees with zero being top dead center?

I can appreciate looking at the pictures. Holding the thing and moving the piston with windows is the most informative.
  9. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Frank Yes and no. What we are talkin about here is hard measurement numbers - first to determine what cylinder it is, second have measurements to make new replacement sleeves. Degree s would not help a machinist cut
    a sleeve. Also it was to stop the debate thats been going back and forth for months here on 80s 250s. Please I think we have the most numbers, but would only thing I wantt is addtional feedback on 83 crs 84 crs mesurements
    and the xc to chart once and all of them.

This was the first one I had cut and its from or done Advanced sleeve in Ohio. La sleeve does not have the correct measurments to cut this sleeve, Recently also has a 430 cut with the husky bulletin tuning specs,going to get that on
    a bike later this spring. Have a couple 250s to get done for others this spring. Do you think i could ge these done faster, no it seems I taking much-much longer now restores to get done, always another thing, part, something to get machined, shipped etc, and a custom change LOL
  10. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    If you want to test power characteristics, I saw in a test of the 1975 175WR that porting can reconfigured using Devcon to add material to lower the top of a port or raise the bottom of the port. That would allow you to only have a sleeve made that will yield the desired power characteristics.

That was done by the then future owner of Pro Circuit so I would feel comfortable using the technique.
  11. Aviyaytor Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1984 WR 400 L/C
    Other Motorcycles:
    '73 Kaw G5 100 '07 Kaw KLR 650
    My 84 WR400 sleeve is off, (still) Gary. Do you want me to measure port height and send to you?
  12. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I sure here about a lot of these Sleeves Cracking. Mine did. Mine Cracked all the way around the transfer Ports and the bottom half fell into the Crank. Is this where they all fail ?
  13. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Never heard of this.
  14. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    One of my 83/250wr sleeve cracked at the bottom of the intake port on the last bore. She was running the started ticking. We ran her for a while.
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

sloppy slappy worn bore can cause this....skirt slaps lower and wham....most piston chiunk and then "el seizo"
  16. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The sleeve was very thin.
  17. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    It was likely worn above the limit. Like over 4th over.
  18. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The sleeve here shows the three exhaust ports. It’s a ‘84 sleeve? I wonder if these two extra exhaust ports can be added to the late 70’s 250 cylinders?

When installing this ‘84 sleeve in a 82/82 cylinder it’s said to match the ports. This moves the exhaust port up.
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

for MX yes...for woods leave alone and fill backside with Devcon. MX powerband in woods is a pain. and the XC /CR sleeves NOT same ar WR's. please. try to get this. And that was a late 84 WR cylinder. was result of 83 CR tests.
  20. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Sorry Joe I won’t say anything.

My 84/250wr has the extra ports and she comes to life when wicked. I’m impressed with it. The 83/250wr were kind of laid back when wicked.

Is there by any chance a porting data sheet on the early 83/250’s and late ‘70/250’s? Like on the 430’s?