fat bars on an 07 TE610

Discussion in '610/630' started by robdogg, Apr 28, 2014.

1. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    I'm trying to find some bar clamps that will work with TE so I can mount my PT pastrana bars. I ordered the Pro Taper universal kit, but the bolt is to large diameter to go through the instrument panel mount holes, and the rubber inserts in the triple tree. I thought of drilling them out, but I also want to try and use them with the Motosportz risers I have.. so I would rather check on other options.. any chance the OEM mounts for 08 bike would fit on the 07? since they came stock with fat bars?
  2. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    To check if the '08 mounts would fit, I would look at the part numbers for the rubber inserts and any metal sleeves that the have down the center, to see if they are the same.

It may also be feasible to have a couple small/simple parts machined to just allow you to use the Pro Taper mounts with the smaller bolts that your bike uses. It looks like the PT mounts have M12 bolts, what size does your bike have? M10? M8? You'd need a sleeve to have the smaller bolts fit tightly in the base of the PT mounts, and a small spacer/shim to keep the smaller hex head from spinning inside the mount. Not too hard for someone who has the right equipment to make...

Standard metric M12 bolts have a 19 mm head, while M10s have a 17 mm, so you'd just need 6 1 mm (0.040") spacers to fill that gap and keep the head from rotating. You could buy some shim stock and cut the pieces out yourself.

Could make this work (McMaster-Carr Part numbers):

Spacers: 6679K15
    Aluminum Sheet for hex head: 88895K82
  3. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I have 08 bar clamps on my 07
    rancher1 likes this.
  4. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    thanks guys.. I think I'll go with the OEM clamps from the 08.. I thought I remember hearing those would work.. I checked the parts, and the only difference in the hardware is a slightly longer bolt.. M10x75mm vs M10x65mm, but since I'm using the Motosportz risers, I already have the longer bolts I need..
  5. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Update:

FYI, you can put 1 1/8 fatbars on the older 7/8 bikes using a bar clamp off the newer models with only slight modification.

I'm not sure exactly what years and models the clamps came on, but they are the same as the clamps on my 2012 WR 300, and the ones I bought were listed on ebay as off a TE 310. Because the 610 has a tighter hole spacing on the triple, you need to open up the holes in the top bar clamp by 1/8 of an inch towards the middle (0.25 narrower overall). I just stuck my clamp in a mill and made it into a slot with a 5/16 endmill, but you could probably even do this with a dremel.

And that's it! Everything else fits perfect. I made some custom bar risers to get a bit more height, but that's just personal preference and bar bend.

[IMG]
  6. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    That's almost exactly what I want to do on my bike...

The bars look so clean, I hate the cross bar, and all the junk clamped to the bars.

How do they compare vibration wise?