1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Fastener Torque Table

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Feb 20, 2012.

1. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Fastener Torque Table

Here is a reference table that I created for my 2008 CR125. It may be applicable to other year CR,WR 125/150 bikes. The WR250/300 bikes may be different.

Note: As indicated in (red), I use a slightly lower torque value for the Triple Clamp Lower Bolts. This is done to avoid fork binding.

DISCLAIMER: This table does not replace your owner's manual.
    It is for quick reference after you have verified that these torque values are suitable to your bike.

[IMG]
  2. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Nice work!
  3. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Good job!:thumbsup: I was looking for this for my next bike (2012 cr125) thanks!
  4. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Found this in a Husky manual. "19,5 (division symbol) 21,7" listed under Lb/ft. Does it mean 19.5-21.7?
  5. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Using anti seize or a lubricant will affect the torque values. Is that accounted for?
  6. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Yes, it is the total range like you show. So you want to use the average value = (19.5+21.7)/2 = 20.6
  7. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I do not adjust the torque values for anti-seize or grease. There are too many other variables that can affect final clamp load in the joint. For me, the 10% increase in clamp load for a lubricated thread versus dry thread only occurs if all other factors are perfectly equal. Don't forget about all of the other sources of variation in the fastener joint... such as quality of threads (damaged, undersized, etc.), dirty threads, cleanliness of the bolt/nut faces against the mating component, torque wrench type (clicker or beam type), torque wrench accuracy and calibration, slow vs. fast torque application, number of times the bolt/nut have been reused (stretch, fatigue, etc.), ambient temperature, and the list goes on...

I did use a sanity check to see how Husky torque values compare to my previous brands of bikes. Many were similar, but Husky does seem to use higher torques on the front axle, rear axle, and swingarm pivot.

If it makes you feel better, I always use the above table for my bike. I have never stripped the bolt threads or broke a bolt. I mark my important bolts with a paint marks to see if they loosen over time and all have remained tight and never vibrated loose.
  8. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    That is the main reason to do it properly. You don't want to add to the variables, or in other words, make a bad situation worse.
  9. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    You are welcome to omit the anti-seize and use the torque values "as-is". Or adjust the torque values to your own correction factor. As my disclaimer says at top of page, it is only for a quick reference after you have verified them to your model year owner's manual.
  10. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Can anyone point me to the torque specs for the clutch spring bolts?
  11. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Those are very light torque. I usually just snug them up by feel.

Here is the torque specs from Husky manual. This is from a 2008 WR/CR125 but should be the same if your bolts are M6 size.

[IMG]
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  12. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Matt beat me to it.
    5.1-5.7 ft lbs
    2008 wr125
    Blakelpd5 likes this.