Farewell Cafe Husky

Discussion in '610/630' started by motoman, Oct 16, 2014.

1. motoman Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Harley,14 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    It is with great sadness that even though I have not posted as many times as others and have been a family member shorter than most that I must say goodbye to Cafe Husky. I was lucky to have been able to purchase the SMS 630 at the discounted price and then " FARKLED" the heck out of it much to my enjoyment even though I never rode it. Earlier this year I reduced my collection of 5 bikes down to 2 with the Husky being one of them. Ebay was my avenue for selling it bringing a surprising ending bid of $8,200 from a local collector. He missed his chance earlier to purchase one and since mine only had 3 miles and thousands of dollars of accessories still in boxes he was extremely happy. I realized after I purchased the SMS 630 that it was a good bike but to become great it needed a lot of upgrades and even after those it still had a few shortcomings.
    I am now a member of a new forum dedicated to the BMW R1200GS Adventure model. I must admit that this bike is perfect off of the showroom floor and me adding "FARKLES" is just icing on the cake to such a great bike. The best part of this forum (and the entire BMW community) is they encourage and embrace the adding of farkles - this is probably one of the reasons the GS model has been one of BMW's best selling models for over 30 years, a record that Husky will probably never achieve.
    In closing I would like to wish everyone well - including the members that didn't always have a kind word for me - but that is just part of posting on a forum. Good luck and happy Husky riding !

MOTOMAN
    Theo, Thumperama and Norman Foley like this.
  2. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good luck and travels with the new BMW!
  3. motoman Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Harley,14 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    Thanks ! It has been my "bucket list" dream bike for many years and I could not be happier. Thank you for the kind words.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Yeah man- best wishes to you and enjoy the GS in good health and safety. My 630 shat the bed in a big way recently and I certainly thought of giving up the brand but, after pausing to consider platform's otherwise record of good reliability/durability, it's history, and the fact that it is the best bike for what I want and do (in terms of balancing perf. w/ weight) I decided to try to resurrect the carcass...which I am in the process of pursuing. There's just not another DS out there right now (again when looking at intent of use, power, weight, price) that attracts me. Again enjoy the GS-
  5. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    My mums Harley Davidson 883. Lol
    Good luck and health to ride. a new g650 is on my bike bucket list after a harley.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good luck and enjoy that GS!