1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fail issue in TE511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by trintron321, Aug 24, 2017.

1. trintron321 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sxv550
    Hey guys. First poster here.

Thanks for signing me up.

I have TE511 2010 model.

The lighting system was non existent... so i created my own loom behind the headlight. Lights all work great now after doing my own fuses , relays etc all off the ignition switch.

The bike always started an ran well. Always!!

I finished doing the loom. .. then took the bike for a strap up the street. It was perfect!!

Came back... restarted a few times again... to hear that lovely sounding motor... then parked it for the night.

The next day.... wont start!!! Turns over fine... i have all power to fuel pump... etc.

I have noticed when i turn the ignition on...race map ii appears on start up now. Never seen that before... than it dissapears after a few seconds... then fail appears as soon as i hear the injection make a few noises.

Any thoughts or ideas. Very strange how runs fine thf day before.. then this!!!

Thanks everyone for any advice.
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I would suspect a wiring issue is the cause.
    Where did you connect to get power for the lighting and accessories???

The normal dash function is, in order ...
    - Key up
    - E.... Message (Speedo calibration number)
    - Speedo and Race Map II (if the jump plug under the seat is fitted)

Fail is the generic warning for any ecu fault logged
  3. trintron321 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sxv550
    You are not going to believe this but I went to the local Husqvarna dealership and I told him the problem went through it exactly. he didn't said have you tried a spark plug. I said... well no... I would if it had been a 2-stroke ....but 4 stroke??? didn't think to do that.... he said try the spark plug it may just fix the problem so I got home put a new spark plug in... started straight away. wow!!!
    Dangermouse449 likes this.