Engine Change 2013 Te250 - 2014 Wr300

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Peppino, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Peppino Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 800 2007 S2R
    Hi all,

I have a 2013 TE 250 which i bought and it seized soon after. i've recevied part of my money back from the previous owner and am now looking at replacing the engine completly rather than re-building.

I have come across a 2014 WR300 2 stroke engine.

Does anyone know if the WR300 2 stroke engine will be a direct fit inthe TE250 frame?

any other advice would be great.

thanks
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The short answer would be no.
  3. Peppino Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 800 2007 S2R
    thanks.

whats the long answer? lol.

would it be the same fit physically? i was told by a dealer to look out for 2013/2014 TE wrecks as they would fit but not WR's. or wouldit be an issue of tuning etc?
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    It would be different dimensions. Four stroke engine is much taller, both in the top end, as well as the transmission and sump, so mounting points would be different. Also, the frames are engineered differently, and handle differently. The WR engine will have a different CG, as well as being a significantly lighter. You may well figure out how to fabricate mounts to get the engine at the right height and aligned properly for power output from CS sprocket to rear wheel sprocket, but the bike may never feel like it is performing properly. You will need all the electrical parts that go to a WR frame, and you will need the proper expansion chamber and spark arrestor, which will need hangers fabricated, and the exhaust will need to clear the frame. You will need a proper two stroke carburetor and air box also. So if you like projects, can fabricate and weld, and aren't too concerned with the outcome, then give it a try.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  5. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    It would definitely be a lot of work but I would like to see both engine on a scale to see the weight difference. I bet a xlite 250 is lighter than the wr300 engine.
  6. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Chain is on opposite sides of the engine in a TE vs WR.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Oh yeah! I forgot about that feature too!:doh::busted: