1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Electric Start When In Gear

Discussion in '2st' started by Ted773, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Ted773 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    I’ve recently bought a 2016 TE300 and noticed that the electric start works fine when the bike is in neutral (warm or cold), however it won’t start whilst in gear with the clutched pulled in. I’m new to electric start bikes so curious if this is supposed to happen or if there is something I can do to save me kicking it when it’s in gear?
  2. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

British Columbia, Chilliwack River Valley
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
    Hi Ted
    I don’t own a Te but I have friends that do and yes the EStart does work in gear ... things to check out would be the condition of your battery ... also if you have an electrical meter place the leads of the meter on the positive / negative terminals on the the battery ... start it in neutral and check the voltage draw with the meter ... then try it in gear and see where your at (voltage draw )and try to get back to us ... again as said ,my friends Te Husky starts in gear with the E start.
    Ted773 likes this.
  3. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its usually based on how much clutch drag you have.
    Ted773 likes this.
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a 2016 TE 300 and it will start in gear no problem once warmed up. Your clutch must be dragging or needs to be replaced When you try does the bike try to inch forward as you push the button. I run 20/50 Lucas oil so it takes a few min for the oil to warn up. But I have like 3,000 miles 3 king of the Motos 4 year of National Hare and hounds races all on the original clutch I just finally changed it as it was just starting to inch forward when starting in gear But now with the new clutch it is back to perfect
    Huskynoobee and robertaccio like this.