EFI: TE310 '11 looking for Diagnostic connector

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Alexander, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11
    Hi!

I'm having a small bog issues on my TE310. The bike is 2011 EU model, Mikuni EFI, opened (Racing Map 1-2). Basically, giving more then 1/2 throttle from idle has a considerable delay. Riding below 4000 rpm is possible but not in "hardenduro" conditions.

I'm not looking for 12-hole+TXC ECU combination as it is simpler to change the bike for anything more modern. Anyways, I got the laptop, VAG-BMW-OBD cable and iBeat. I read the topics in here on EFI tuning and seem to get some valuable info.

However I can't find a diagnostic connector. I removed the headlight and I don't see any unplugged "extra" connector.

I found the pics below somewhere but it doesn't seem to help. How do I find this connector?

WBR,
    Alex

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    The diagnostic connector (if it is on that year model) will have a dummy plug on it to keep dust and water out. Is there a connector of similar size with wires going in and none coming out?

The other thing to try is to reset the throttle position sensor. This can cause a lean initial throttle response if the calibration is out. You can do this without iBeat or using a screwdriver. This procedure calibrates the range of motion of the throttle butterfly valve.

TPS Quick Reset
    - Fully Warm Motorcycle
    - Disconnect the battery for approx 2 minute, then hook it back up again.
    - Turn the ignition key on.
    - Turn the throttle to full stop and then back again.
    - Turn the ignition key off, wait 5 seconds, and then turn it back on again.
    - Start the bike without touching the throttle.
    Alexander likes this.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I think you have a EFI adjusting device hooked up at that module. Maybe JD or some other brand? Anyway, that black module is normally covered with a cap and will plug in to a connector with a USB or serial connector to run iBeat (Mikuni Fuel Injection) software. Semco makes the connector and sells/sold the iBeat Disc.
  5. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11

Indeed, it's worth to look on a manual sometimes... as the hhdwtmtw mentioned, it was quite a big connector with the plug fitted, clipped to the other connectors, just like in the manual. I was looking for some smaller thing, so I didn't found it.

glangston, well, iBeat I downloaded for nothing and the 20$ VW-BMW OBD cable I already got should work. There is no reason to pay $$$$ to Semco that makes the same components and legacy software really expensive. Same thing for JD, AFAIK no one in Europe uses it. Power-up kit is well enough.

Thank you guys for support, I will try connecting all the stuff after Christmas. I need to put the rest of the bike together after a 50 hour inspection (general lubrication and small fixing) :)
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  6. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11
    The stuff is connected. I reset the TPS to 957mv (was 976mv) and set the CO to something like 103,105,105. But I didn't check with the motor running.

It is too cold (freezing point) to set up anything now. I almost drained the battery starting the bike because the fuel pump was removed and fuel lines were full of air. It worked on the "choke" eventually but the battery was too drained for further experiments (not enough current on EFI to restart). And then it needs to be warmed up and riding is not possible anyways. And the temperature will make any settings wrong then. Will go to some track in April to sort the bog out.
  7. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    Glad you got iBeat hooked up. You will need to reset the TPS value with the engine at normal running temperature. I found on my bike the TPS value changes slightly from hot to cold.
    Alexander likes this.
  8. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11
    A small update on a topic.

Replaced the cold start cable as the adjustment was broken. Went to the track yesterday. The "hot bike" TPS value was 952mV (basically the same as cold one/winter one). It opens from 0 to 102.x%.

I started the bike with iBeat/CO Settings and simply went decreasing/increasing CO1 until the "idle -> full throttle" response was satisfactory. Wait some secs on idle, give full throttle, hear the response, close it, increase the CO. Repeat.

Went to 115. Don't care about it. Bike reacts on the throttle really strong on idle (had to get used) but runs like a beast. Reach mixture never killed anyone... The other values I left as above.

Side effects (probably nothing new): Cold bike is not riding nicely. On warm bike idle sometimes is not very stable, 1900 to 2200. MapII is not really "easy to drive" anymore.

This is a EU version, running in EU, 98 Octane pure gasoline. Track Height is 500 meters. Lambda is replaced with factory "full power" plug, exhaust standard with "full power" insert.