EFI Noobie needs direction

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Scootskipper, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Scootskipper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Kawasaki Z900RS, 1971 Bultaco
    Hi, folks. I have a 2009 TE310. I thought of selling, but no one was interested so I've decided to keep and get it sorted out. My problem is that it's a bit cold natured, but once past that runs pretty well. However, when hot the idle "hunts" revs up and slows down. Also hard to start when hot and I have to rev it a bit before I can get going. I went through an episode with it last year when it just wouldn't take throttle or pull a load and let me down on the trail. I replaced the pump, filter and had the injector cleaned at the time. I thought that I had it sorted, but then this new issue emerged. I've decided that I need to learn how it works and how to trouble shoot and correct it if I'm to ride it. I've been perusing posts here, but so far I have more questions than answers. I would be most grateful if someone could direct me to the starting point. I'm about to do a top end overhaul on the engine. I'm not worried about the mechanical stuff, but this fuel system has me scratching my head and wishing for a carburetor. Thanx
  2. Robin Chant Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XL500. Kawasaki KX80
    Before you go rebuilding the top end check the simple stuff. Air filter clean? Air leak between throttle body and head? Valve clearances within tolerance? Electrical gremlin? Ive got.a 2008 TE450.