1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Edumacate Me On Wr250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by drdfblackm, May 24, 2021.

1. drdfblackm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looking at a 2008 WR250 for a back-up/loaner/beater. Bike runs good. All there....comes with some extras. I'm familiar with the inability to get some parts.

The main concern before I purchase is the bike needs a silencer....it's shot, it's the stock one and does not have a spark arrestor. Which when I search I am not seeing silencers for the 2008, but I do see them for the 2009 up.

Is there any significant changes from 2008 to 2009. It appears there is a generation switch but is it merely they offered a 250 and 300 after 2009 or is the bike completely different?

Just trying to decide if it worth the fight or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darrin
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    If you can't find something specific, you can get a universal FMF silencer/spark arrestor for it. I put one on an old KDX200, and it works pretty nicely.

DSC_0019.JPG
  3. drdfblackm Husqvarna
    AA Class

I do think FMF has specific options....but it lists it for 2009 and up.....which I don't think is any different than a 2008 which is what I am looking at.....however I need someone with much more knowledge to answer first before I pull the trigger on this bike. LEOs here are a bit finicky on dirt bikes in the forests.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    All you had to do was to check a OEM parts list for the two years and you would see that they share the same part number for silencer. You are welcome.
    rancher1 and steadydirt like this.
  5. drdfblackm Husqvarna
    AA Class