1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

DynoPort Pipe

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Dave Mills, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Dave Mills Husqvarna
    AA Class

It looks like I will be purchasing a new pipe for the 85 500XC. Does anyone have any feedback on the DynoPort pipe for this model? Does it mount up well? Does it give more low, mid, or top? Does anyone else make an of the shelf pipe for it?
  2. chris squires Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1987 CR240 CR500 1988 WR430
    huskycr.JPG
    I cannot really comment on the 430/500 cc pipe Dynoport has on offer, but Rich built a pipe for my '87 CR 240 (see picture). The build quality is really good, it fitted straight on to the bike with no alterations, the ceramic coating is still holding up well after quite a lot of wet weather racing etc. Rich will build a pipe to your requirements, you should speak to him on the phone as he does offer options on how you would like the power delivery etc.
    I think Rich called my pipe the 'woods pipe', it gives a great powerband, and is good low down now I have sorted my flatslide carb out!

I would be interested to see how you get on as I am looking to improve my CR500!

Chris
    justintendo likes this.
  3. husky jim Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 WR300, 87 430wr, 86 430ae, Tr650
    I had a really good experience with Rich at Dynoport. Make sure you tell him exactly what you have a 1985 500xc as there are differences between the years and models. A couple of years ago a CH member ordered a pipe from Rich and had problems. I think someone took for granted that the 430 and 500 were the same and they're not. I'm not sure who made the mistake but it turned into a mess. Rich took care of it but just FYI. pipe.JPG pipe 2.JPG photo 2.JPG
  4. Dave Mills Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks real nice.
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i have DynoPorts on two of my bikes top shelf stuff for sure
  6. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    that pipe looks like someone put a lot of good thought into it . minimum joins etc . nice formed bits , much respect
  7. troublemaker Husqvarna
    A Class

It took them 5 months to get me a pipe that would fit on my 87 500.
    They dicked me around for 4 1/2 months.
    It was 100% their fault.
    Is the pipe good? Yes
    Would I buy from them again? Absolutely not.....
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

sorry had a bad experience. They do alot of sled work now and not so much bikes. mid winter is not best time for a "one off" from them. Great stuff though.
  9. chris squires Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I have just received my new ceramic coated Dynoport pipe here in the UK. They built and shipped it within 28 days of ordering! I think that is really good . It is just like Jim's, but without the brace at the header. Very pleased with it and looking forward to trying it out at the track later today :D
  10. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    let us know how it works! different sound, what jetting adjustments needed, power, etc etc
  11. chris squires Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hi justintendo,

I really wanted to be able to push this motor hard before I replied and today was that day.
    I found the '86 500cc LC motor advertised on a classic car web site. The original pipe had been cut and modified for a sidecar, it didn't fit and went straight in the bin /trash! I cannot make a comparison, sorry! I rebuilt the 500 and ran it in with a 430CR pipe at an enduro in April, but hours of fun , had lead to the poor fitting 430 pipe melting the fuel tank! That had to go too. I am at sea level and it has been around 25c here today. The mikuni 40mm carb is on brand new stock jetting and there is an electrexworld ignition with the internal flywheel. Timing set to fire at 2.0mm BTDC. Initially the bike was running way to rich and had poor hesitant acceleration and poor tick over. So I set the timing to 2.2mm and and went to groove 2 on the stock needle and changed the air jet for next size up.. That made the bike a lot crisper sounding and responsive through the rev range, I can start the bike second kick from cold. The bike sounds fantastic and is proper loud on the stock silencer, the power delivery is INTENSE!:applause: I cannot wait to ride it again & again! Not sure about these ignitions I am going to strobe it to find the real timing...
  12. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    glad to hear its working well. i would imagine the hit to be pretty hard with the little flywheel as well. those electrex have very attractive pricing as well. the pipe fit ok?
  13. chris squires Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yes the hit is really hard! If the rear wheel hooks up, the wheelies are HUGE! Electrexworld stuff seems really well engineered! I put one on my Cr240 too and it has completely changed the engines power band, making the bike feel much more snappier off the throttle, stronger from midrange to the top end howl! Sometimes the OEM POWERVALVE SEM configuration used to fire the bike in reverse spin, so I am glad it's gone! The 500 pipe is a good fit, but very close to the rad cowl and the coolant tube jubilee clips can touch metal on metal if you don't get them in the correct position. Otherwise spot on.
  14. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I seem to have a copy of one for my 86 400WR. It looks like a hand coned copy of it as I know the guy I got it from has connections with the sheetmetal world