Dynojet Powercommander on TR650 anybody?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Raymondwhiteley, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Raymondwhiteley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 husqvarna tr650 strada
    I would like to communicate with someone that has a Dynojet Power Commander installed on their TR650. I recently aquired a Dynojet Multi-Function Hub that I would like to gain some understanding on. I do not have a power commander and I doubt seriously that I would trade my X-Fied unit for one because my X-Fied or whatever you call it makes my TR650 Strada kick ass! Especially with my new 17 tooth countershaft sprocket! I can easily top 60 mph in 2nd gear. And then 3rd is like warp speed acceleration! #9 setting on my X-Fied thingy. But anyway. I would like to talk to someone that actually owns a Dynojet Power Commander to hear their experience. If anyone wants to call me go ahead. Ray. 256-690-9840.
  2. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
  3. vodka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200R , Yamy WR250R
    Hi Ray..I have PC and Autotune...never saw reflash of CPU coming.Expensive option..I know...but fixed all reported problems.
    There is someone locally that had full dynotune and asked dealer NOT to have CPU reflashed afetr dynotune..seems logical.
    Next step is to get CPU flashed and then have dynotune.
    BTW trauled internet and got some maps that seemed to do the job
    Havent had any stalls ever since.
    Other work arounds may do the job..At least I have a sense of achievement playing around w PC values.
  4. TN_Terra Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Son has Triumph Street Triple R
    My sons bike had a PC on it and I spent some time trying to tune it to cure some of it's problems. But the real problem turned out to be a fuel pressure issue and had nothing to do with tuning. The biggest improvement I saw at the time I was working with it came not from changing the fuelling map but using the accelerator pump feature and adding a little extra fuel anytime the throttle changes position. When you go back to steady state I think letting the computer adjust fuel per the O2 feedback is still the best. I plugged the O2 back in even the PC said to leave it unplugged and it just worked better that way. That feature is not part of the tune you would down load from their site for the TR650 but might be worth trying.
  5. Raymondwhiteley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I have no issues at all with the way my bike runs. It's that 1 in 1000 that runs great. The reason I was inquiring about the dynojet power commander is because a guy at work gave me a bunch of stuff for motorcycles and one of the things he gave me was the dynojet multi-function hub. It has to run in conjunction with the dynojet PC. The multi-function hub is a small control module that basically allows you to switch between 2 different fuel mappings. It has a toggle switch that mounts onto the handlebars that lets you switch between the fuel maps. The guy's son was killed in an automobile accident. I have no use for it but I don't want to sell it cause I'd feel wrong. I would like to find someone that has a dynojet PC that I can pass it on to free of charge. All someone has to do is call me, Ray @ 256-690-9840, and be willing to pay the shipping and I will gladly give it to someone that can get some use out of it. I believe this thing runs just shy of $200. Anybody with the dynojet PC call me and it's yours.
  6. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    I doubt there'll be anyone left running PC stuff after the current recall.
  7. Raymondwhiteley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I haven't had the recall done on my bike. I feel no need for it. My Husky runs awesome. Cranks good, idles good, and runs great. That X-Fied unit really done the job. And I also think that by putting a 17 tooth countershaft sprocket it really makes the engine run good. I thought that I would be sacraficing a little too much power and lose acceleration but it was the opposite. To me, my bike has a great mid-range power. I have no issues with how my bike runs other than in mid summer this Alabama heat and humidity kinda makes the engine work a little harder. But after installing my X-Fied the engine ran a lot cooler. Has this recall been better for your bike? Please tell me your opinion. Thanks!
  8. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
  9. vodka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200R , Yamy WR250R
    Im in Adelaide South Oz. I know of one fellow who had his bike dynotuned with PC and AT attached. He refused recall fix .
    I am now thinking recall first,dynotune second ,2 maps lean and mean to chose from.
  10. danketchpel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Moto Guzzi, Ducati, Beta
    I'm still running the PCV + AT setup on mine as I have not done the recall yet. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do the recall as the bike runs very well.

I also don't have confidence in my local dealer so I'd need to figure out which dealer in SoCal wouldn't muck it up.

I'd also need to remove the PCV + AT which is sorta a pain.

If anyone has a dealer in SoCal to recommend that's done a few I might go for it mostly to improve the cold starting.