Dual Sport Tire

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Bioman2016, Sep 19, 2020.

?

Which would you recommend?

Dunlop 606 1 vote(s) 100.0%
Michelin AC10 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Kenda Trakmaster II 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Bioman2016 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Kawasaki KFX50
    Hello everyone. What kind of dual sport tires are you running now a days? I bought my TE449 in January and it has Maxxis Desert IT tires on it. Great grip off road but they’re not for road use, already started losing the side knobbies. I ride 95% dirt, only street is about 5 miles round trip to get to some trails down the street. I’d love a DOT tire that performs like the Maxxis but won’t break apart on the asphalt. From what I’ve read the Dunlop 606, Michelin AC10 and Kenda Trakmaster II seem to fit the bill. Any experience with these?
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I've used TM II and K270 rears and both worked well for me.
  3. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Depends on the application, but the Trackmaster holds up really well and works good in the sand. If you're mostly off road it's a great tire.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Have you looked at Golden? They have several great options and almost all of them are DOT approved. There is a great local supplier up on Apple Valley that is a great guy to work with. If you want I can connect you with him, in the meantime, check these out.
    https://www.goldentyrewest.com/enduro-offroad