Dual exhaust 2-1-2 options for '08 SM450R

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by guscycle, Nov 10, 2015.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    'FINALLY' started my franken-bike...'08 SM 450R rolling chassis and new "updated" '04 SM450R motor! Ironing out a few details like ...will EFI work with stock year stator - nope, going with the Lectron or Keihin FCR . Wiring harness useable - sorta but don't want to hack it up,going with a '04 Euro based SM450R street harness. Exhaust, no doubt , "gotta" have twin silencers,ain't racing it so a couple pounds up top won't hurt. Head pipe spigots same diameter but the ones that came with motor exit on right..gotta go left for the new frame set up. Going to have a aluminum bracket made once I have a full exhaust to mock up (would opt for RR or even '09 SM450R subframe,but "trying" to save money some where).ANYONE have a full system that they might want to sell or know where I can still get one aftermarket?
    THANX
  2. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
  3. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've been eyeing up complete '09-'10 exhaust system for awhile but nothings come up yet . I checked sub-frame part numbers from '08 and '09 and although are different numbers ,I'm hoping the only difference is the location of the second silencer bracket. I've already mocked up a bracket using the existing one but I won't know if there will any other mods needed until I have one in my hand.
  4. Greg712 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SM510R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 CR125 Honda
  5. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  6. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Just my curiosity asking/wonder that Greg712 exhaust is whole system, or just silencers...
    Of course you can use other bikes silencer, yes, why not......

I had my Husky those Honda CRF250R 2006-2007 titanium silencers.
    I had own own manufactured custom pipes what was connect those silencers to leovince y-pipes...
  7. Greg712 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SM510R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 CR125 Honda
    Thanks guys! Stock headers and mid pipe (with Jethot coating) Tig welded 316L S.S can connectors. You can find the dual Yoshimura kit on eBay (1118275) for only $255! I found the S.S pipe on eBay as well. 2.25-1.5" reducer, 90, 45, and 1ft of straight tubing is all you need. Make a couple cuts, weld it together and boohyah! Brraaap
    guscycle and Mik-3 like this.
  8. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ..sure you don't want to weld me up a set!? ..don't /can't weld worth a damn...neither can anyone else around here
  9. Greg712 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SM510R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 CR125 Honda
    Do you have a set of stock 08-10 headers already? It would be tough to help you out considering I live in Delaware and your bike is comprised of different engine and frame components. Maybe if I had the bike for fitment check and I wasn't already swamped with other projects currently. Keep an eye on eBay for headers or even a set of used dual stock pipes. One just sold 2 weeks ago for $300 and you could gut them without welding. Good luck!