1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Do I have a 2007 euro3 version te450

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by jonahrei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. jonahrei Husqvarna
    B Class

Like the subject says, do I? How do you know if you do? I just picked it up used a few days ago. It came w/ a radiator fan. Are there any other tell tale signs that let's me know what it is?

Thanks.
  2. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

If it is it will have a black box under the seat on the rear fender.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Did those bikes have EFI? Or a large catalytic converter?
  4. jonahrei Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks! I just checked, there is a blackbox and it has a e3 on the box. I guess that confirms that I do have euro 3 version.
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

FYI, those Euro spec bikes are not California legal. There is no sticker on them regarding CARB and other nonsense.
  6. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I picked up my 510 still in the crate.The lady at my DMV went over my 07 510 with a fine tooth comb. My bike came with the stickers with carb and other rubbish on both fenders(1st placed she looked). She couldn't find the motor# and told me to go to the CHP for inspection(never walk into the lions den). However in the meantime she handed me my new desovable paper license plate. A few muddy weeks later I ride into the DMV,the 510 just hammered from a few adventures and my paper licence plate is a ball of goo, my favorite DMV lady gets to hand me my personalized plate after she got to burn her fingers from wiping mud off my header pipe to get a better look at my motor number. It was one of the best days of my life.
  7. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

No EFI that I know of but I think the ones in europe did have a catalytic converter. The E3's also had a air solenoid that plugged into the intake boot (between the carb and cylinder) on the right side.They also had a key switch.There may be more but I dont remember.
  8. jonahrei Husqvarna
    B Class

I thought the TE was 50 state legal? The dealer told me it was legal. It has the u.s. spec exhaust. I'm not sure what i'm going to do w/ this bike if it's not legal. I wonder if I can just get it registered in another state? Anybody have any bright ideas? I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow.:banghead:
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If you bought it from a local dealer that would be your best bet. I'm not sure what the details are but it was a paperwork issue with carb. Husqvarna decided the simplest thing to do was to not ship the E3 bikes to California although they did allegedly run cleaner.
  10. jonahrei Husqvarna
    B Class

Mine came from an Oregon dealership. They said it was 50 state legal. Now I'm screwed! :thumbsdown:
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Maybe?

I certainly would not worry about it tonight, call the dealer in the morning - before you try to register it.

The 2007 E3 situation was rare indeed, they probably were not up to speed on the issue. That bike could be registered in any state except CA... and there might be 1 other state. Or maybe the dealer knows something we don't.

If nothing else you could always walk into a random DMV and say "I'm thinking about buying this bike, will I have problems registering it?" - but don't actually do anything prior to finding out.
  12. loony888 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR0SS
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati's
    any chance of just showing up and being completely ignorant of the specific restriction and just try and sneak it through? that's worked for me in the past with govt. departments.

paul.
  13. jonahrei Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey Paul!

No, that's not possible. The regulations are extremely strict in California. It's virtually impossible to get it plated in California.

I just spoke w/ the dealership I purchased it from today. They said that they would try to figure something out. They too, had know idea it was a euro3 version bike. They are not a Husqvarna dealer, so they had no clue what I was talking about. I explained to them all the information I gathered. So far they are willing to work w/ me to get this resolved.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That is some GREAT news. :thumbsup:

Those bikes can be registered in almost all other states so I would think something could be worked out, although there will be shipping/transport issues.