Discover Enduro Fork End Guards

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by robertaccio, Mar 11, 2016.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Jeff Stocks them.
    http://slavensracing.com/shop/funk-fork-skid-by-discover-enduro/

My fork ends are really beat down/gouged hard from rocks....but I am throwing these on to prevent further damage. One of my friends had some prototype stainless plate things similar to this idea, but I think this (TM designs type plastic) plastic ones are super nice.
  2. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    Those are pretty cool..... If your a rock rider, they look like they are a must..
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I found a business card for those on the side of the road during one of my long driving days letting the dog out for a leak. Thought they looked cool, but keep forgetting to grab the card and check the site. Great idea I think. Please share when you get em installed and tested.
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    So if your running a front disc guard like the "Bullet Proof" designs one I have on my FE501, or the "Enduro Engineering designs" piece which is very similar. Just not anodized. This already protects the one side very well and is very simple to remove the front wheel. It does not attach to the axle pinch bolts and doesn't interfere with them in anyway.

You can put the Aluminum protector made that matches the "Enduro Engineering", right side protector on to protect the lower legs axle attachment. Its either sold with the disc guard or separate, I believe Moose racing has a right side leg lower protector also specifically, for the WP Forks. it's nearly identical to the "Enduro Engineering" piece.

Personally, I wouldn't trust the axle pinch bolts going through a piece of plastic even if it has a pair of metal inserts ? and spacers under it.

s-l301.jpg s-l1000.jpg s-l300.jpg SAM_1471.JPG
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    its all metal to metal in the mounting setup, that thing that concerns me is if there will be a shoulder for better surface area on the steel to alloy contact points. If not I will for sure add a flat washer.
    To each their own, one of crew has had CRES prototype covers on his Yamaha WR for a few years now. I really like these new types of plastic like the TM Designs type (whatever type it is).This is a FYI thread for the type in the title. Good to know about other types. Also I don't know why but I personally have never considered a front disc guard.....well lately anyway I remember having plastic covers on past bikes but way back in the early ninties.
  6. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gee Robert, sorry about the hack of your thread.

I didn't mean to impose. I was just adding to the thread the right hand side cover that I was considering. Even if it isn't blue anodized to match my front disc guard.

FYI, There are tons of rocks here Robert.

Many of which you have to steer the bike around over or between them. Especially once you get off the single tracks and start blazing a new zig-zag trail to connect points to get to another trail. Its the shortest way to a visual reference of another 2 track. You know what I'm saying?

There is thick scrub, Creosote brush, Palo Verde trees, and small mesquites just solid all over the place. All of which have nice big thorns too. You can't see at times what lies ahead more than about 50 ft. other than more brush, let alone a trail. You may not know you are right next to or coming up on a big 2 track until you are about 25 feet away.

Sometimes those rocks and ditches worn into the foothills from water run off carve out a ditch you can't readily cross. What gets left behind by Mother Nature is just more rocks which can get thick and gnarly so the front disc guard is a good idea. As you must pick your line carefully across these ditches.

Even my rear Husky race catalog shark fin has taken a beating and has a few nice gouges. But has held up well.

Protection for the expensive moving parts is always a good idea.

The front guard is in pretty good shape still because the front wheel gets lofted over most stuff.
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Man guess Ive been lucky.... all the years of D37, D38, MRAN, BITD along with the rocky crap here in KY I've never bent a disc... did have some slight damage to lower leg but never enough to consider needing these things....

on another note..... I'm not to hip on mounting these things to the pinch bolts.....
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Installed,
    Good thing is that those stand off spacers are the wall thickness of the screw flange and fit right into the same flat as the screws on the fork ends. That was my biggets concern, the interface of those spacers onto the fork "foot" clamps.
    The guards do have holes for comp adjust (on my 4cs converts). The plastic seems like a harder type than the more "flexy" dead feel type on the TMD skid plate. Black is what I chose, without much thought, style wise maybe not the best but these will be thrashed and black tends to hide thrashing. No photos of them on mine, but the website shows them as they are on my TE300. What I do have are these, better late than never---I guess I'm a little bit late to this game.
    0315161910.jpg

0315161911.jpg
    Big Timmy likes this.
  9. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    lol to be thats not too bad.... a couple gouges
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    zero effect on suspension performance. no worries!!!
    Big Timmy likes this.
  11. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    These will work really well for us in the northeast rocks.
  12. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I like the look of these, but the more I think about them being plastic I am wondering how they will hold up. I'm curious what type of plastic they are, especially if like the TMDesigns stuff mentioned previously. When watching/listening the dude clank them around on the concrete floor in the video on Slaven's website they sound like the type of plastic that would crack, if that makes any sense. Not sure if anyone has put them to the test yet.

robertaccio, go slam some rocks lol and report back!
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I put those things on prior to our annual silly (not named ) ride and I swear I barely touched the things!! I must be getting more delicate in my old age.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    UpDate-- while racing the National Hare Hound 2016 season finale I found the limits of these devices (seems like I am a good product destroyer), and correct they are a little more hard/brittle than the plastic type used by Hyde and TM Designs for the skid plates. I did not notice it was broken until just before this weekend's trail ride. Looks like I hit almost on top....must've got under and overhang rock somewhere. Had to be on L3. Also that's a 7602 axle nut which amazingly I have not nailed hard yet. Wheel spacers are ZipTy Racing tapered edge easy in easy out type. You can see the wall thickness of the stand-off spacers giving nice surface area onto the fork foot.
    1030161751.jpg
    Colo moto, NCSteve and Big Timmy like this.
  15. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Crush, kill and destroy, Robert. Now a days about everything available has an option of that component made out of some sort of plastic.

Somewhat of an unknown to science still to most of us. None the less, Its only plastic ! You are clearly a "Beast". Ha ha !

That's how I went the direction I have and remained in the welding business for 40+ years, as I am fully capable of destroying everything I own too.

I have always had to weld, fabricate or fix my own stuff.

I used to build Saddles for a living and didn't even ride or own horses !

I stuck with a trade that would serve me well. Rather than serving other people that had way more money than I do.

Are you going to go metal this time ? Just a thought. s-l301.jpg
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    great product line EE fro Al Randt. But I have a note to the DE crew, testing the waters if they will send out a replacement. If not no worry I will get another set.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    DE has indeed stepped up to contact me for my address and info, so it looks like they will send me a replacement piece despite my thrash and burn hammering of parts.
    Big Timmy likes this.