1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Did I cook my 05' TC250? (video)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Force10, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Hello Husky gurus!

I ran my 2005 TC250 pretty hard today on the mx track...I did 35 laps in about 2.5 hours...broken into 4 sessions. It started making a little "whiney" noise on the last lap. After watching the video and hearing it...I went out and checked my coolant. Popped the cap and couldn't see any...tipped the bike a little towards the hole...still didn't see any! Oh crap! I grabbed my jug of engine ice and started to pour...it really didn't take much and was back up.

So it ran low...I'm guessing I just got it too hot and it puked out some coolant...and then started whining about it. What sort of damage might have been done? I hope I'm over reacting but that noise can't be good.

If you get a chance...have a listen between 2:53 and 2:57 in the video and tell me what you think. It makes it more after as well.
    Appreciate it!

2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I am thinking you might be okay. You're down at the lower end of the power band- meaning you're not bouncing off the rev limiter. Did you ever smell coolant or oil?

Total coolant capacity might be around a quart.
  3. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    I didn't smell anything and I didn't notice any difference in power at the time. When I tipped the jug of coolant it only took a second and it was overflowing...so I don't think it lost much. I took a pic of the jug before and after to get an idea of how much coolant I lost. Although some of it ended up on the ground as it overfilled:

Coolant.jpg

Thanks Trenchcoat!
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I think Trenchcoat is correct (he usually is BTW). However, I would change out the oil and inspect for any foreign bits just to be sure.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  5. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R

While that would be the smart move...I just changed the oil before this ride. The Husky calls for 10w60 oil...that Motul 7100 is priced like it's liquid gold at $15 a quart. I'm leaning towards relying on the 3...yes 3...oil filters the Husky has to catch any bits...lol
  6. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    Drain the oil and check the filters. If theres nothing wrong with it tip it back in