did i buy the wrong bike? te511 versus terra

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by YOGAVNTURE, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Even with unbalanced tyres? not so sure.

And I would recommend stopping immediately after the incident to remove the slippery herb sprout residue from your tyres or.... well you know DAMHIK
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep and the best part is your airline tickets can be purchased in advance and the cost is reasonable is what I'm hearing from some customers from down under ...
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Even without a rim lock a 511 will bash-bash over one but not that I'm advocating riding without a lock when banana herb bashing ...

--

We only see monkeys climbing in the coconut trees here and not up in the banana herb ... weird :excuseme:

100_7000.JPG
  4. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06te610, 13te511, 13ktm 690 enduror
  5. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ive ridden around two islands their ........mindano (Puerto galera island) and Palawan........i want to do more........maybe I contact you next winter? can u get me a bike thier? huskys not maintainable by villagers their, versus Hondas?
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Sure come on back over but you gotta bring your own bananas ....
  7. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I own the bike , that is a fact. I doubt seriously if the dealer is going to take it back , and trade for a terra. dealers sell bikes. I looked at the terra and told dealer I was considering it and he told me "its a hundred pounds heavier".......lets just say their are people here who think I can make this bike exactly what I want......and im tempted to pay the cash to do so......I had a hard time deciding on the 511 over the 449 (look at my past posts) and after hard thought, I went with the bigger bike (600 bucks more) in that decision it sounds like I made a good decision (thanks mommy). so all is not lost!... I am buying a lightweight toy hauler and am going to tour the usa. I can stop at all the husky dealers along the way and bitch ........I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP ON THIS BIKE......its 50 lbs lighter than my 610 which is handy when im towing the thing in my camper (every pound counts)......and its compact too. I can custom fit it in my camper and sleep next to it at night........I guess one thousand dollars will get me started to the dual sport I seek out......im 52 and don't want to ride motorcycles for hours on end anyway....just banana runs........im a yogi so I am used to sitting on hard surfaces.........so now I have a new hobby, to turn my te511 into the dream dual sport.....who is going to get the last laugh?
  8. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I think I will keep both . and I will find a mechanic who is not a nay sayer. my favorite word is yes, my worst word is no......I am concerned about the lightweight nature of the 511 . I think its making the front end squirrel.........I do agree one thing.......my te 610 has full on knobbies and it runs decent on road..........if I put a cross tire on my 511 , that alone might give me the motivation to seek further action! I just don't want to get into a money pit. hey, I paid 6400 bucks for the 511.......that's about as low as ive seen it anywhere!........so not is all lost........maybe 1000 bucks on top of that im only at 7400 bucks and that's still under msrp by a bunch!.......listen to your heart. not others.
  9. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    im sure you have read this. but I heard ktm /husky are going to make a big push now in southeast asia..........I spend alot of time in Thailand area......and dual sports sell better in asia versus the usa for some reason....I think cause most americans are fat and lazy and want a heavy , big bike with stereos.......
  10. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    once the te511s are gone they are gone.........better buy one now, and spend one thousand to turn it into a dream dual sport.....like me........
  11. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    There you go again calling it a motocross bike :banghead: It is a road legal dirt bike or enduro motorcycle they are imo 99% dirt 1% road. oregonsage is right the Honda m/c are built like tanks will run for ever with very little maintenance. There is nothing wrong with Jap bikes and for newer riders who don't do their own wrenching they are perfect.
    JOXY likes this.
  12. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    but now i have a te511 in hand.......what to do.......I did get a good price. 6400 bucks....and If I put one thousand dollars into it.......maybe I could transform it to the purpose I want.........a decent road bike .....and a decent dirt bike??? changing the inner guts somehow.........now all I need is a progressive mechanic with the knowledge and will
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    rip them off, I almost did, figured i'd be running some stickers there. ;) Pretty excited for both the suspension and pipe. :thumbsup:
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, thats what i do is run the forks up in the triple and run a damper. Tight turning for the woods and stability for the street / gravel. this bike is so stable it is not a big deal but even on stable bikes I find I love steering dampers as the calm the bike down on rock gardens, on the street and just overall. Again not selling anything and they are not necessary but I like what they offer.
    YOGAVNTURE likes this.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Is that guy on the left a convict that just happened to be strollin' thru the area? Or do you know him?
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Correct. It does OK on the back roads I ride to get tot he good stuff, trails and 4wd roads. If I'm going to slab it for any length of time I am on the TR650.
    oregonsage likes this.
  17. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    just that you know, im thinking about bringing both my bikes te511 new....and 2006 te610 mint condition ......to calif. or similar and leave both with a guru.......and come back and wahla....I have two killer dual use bikes................THAT I CAN USE ON BOTH INTERSTATE AND DIRT............who can do this at a fair price? im going to be near sacramento.....and, will each bike cost an arm and a leg? im guessing the 610 wont cost as much as 511........as 511 we will have to go into innards.......
  18. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    but I thought u said I could turn my 511 into a street bike!
  19. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Sorry for your disappointment- Dual Sport and Adventure Riding means various things to everyone. One thing you can count on is that the bike should have a plate. Over and Over you will hear, husky and ktm "dualsports" are offroad race bikes with plates: detuned and EPA restrictions affecting the costs and challenge to run proper. I spent alot of time making my TE "dualsport" MORE offroad ready for me. My definition of "Offroad" is not the same as the guys in Cali or Florida- going to have different tire, and suspension settings. Just like my 'woods dual sport' set up TE will Blow through the stroke and bottom out on every decent jump- cause its set up for woods not MX.

But please don't ask for Husky dual sport bikes to become more street orientated. They are NOT street bikes.
    Bikes that are less dirt orientated: KLR, DR, and yes the Terra are better on road but pigs in my woods. Its one of those things you can't have a bike that does "EVERYTHING" perfect- not in absolute terms.

That said... I am sure you could set up the 511 for anything, you just need to tune, gear, it for it. But Now its like the DRZ guys trying to turn there DRZ's into KTM/ Husky's whereas you are wanting to turn your 511 into a DRZ... in a sense. Take the skid plate off and add a 50 pound plate to the bottom- she'll smooth right out on the freeway. :D

Good luck, I hope you find your solution. :thumbsup:
    JOXY likes this.
  20. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    great. so I have my 610 for the slab bike. 511 for mini slab
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.