did i buy the wrong bike? te511 versus terra

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by YOGAVNTURE, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06te610, 13te511, 13ktm 690 enduror
    good analogy for someone like me who cant hold a wrench. wish you wouldn't have told me the blunt truth though that my old te610 which sits in my garage that is for sale with buyers on phone, is a better interstate bike!......now i have to consider keeping both.......not the end of world......two bikes. guess now that I have two bikes im a real café husky member? that is why im posting a lot right now.....im buying a toy hauler camper and going to california this summer.....I guess I could take both bikes (my 2006 te610 and my te511 new). but now im leaning towards updating my 2006 te610 which is in mint shape, and using that for my road bike.....heck I just got a new truck . im from des moines area and drove the te 610 to Omaha to pickup my new pickup truck. I did need to stop a few times. but it was still fun.......and I still have stock seat on that thing. its totally stock........just think I could upgrade that bike (new seat, sprocket) and it would be totally fine for me.......but now i have a te511 new.......so im confused......what to do with that one. guess its my new dirt bike.
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Interesting. Hadn't considered that. I suppose you'd recommend this one? ;)
    YOGAVNTURE likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i would recommend that one but not why I posted that. :) It really does tame a knobby shod bike on the pavement.
  4. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    oops. im not a computer person. I think I know what u mean though......im really sorry, u are giving me good info so sorry, I will try to figure out how to reply without reposting your pics......thanks for letting me know (did I just repost your pics?)
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    If you can for sure keep the 610. Turn it into a SM and ride it street and adventure and then outfit the 511 to your off road and light DS work. PERFECT combo. I converted my 06 TE610 to SM and had a ball on it...

Went from this (very good heavy weight DS bike)

[IMG]

to this...

[IMG]

but that was then, this is how I manage to get along now :D ...

[IMG]

Welcome to the crew.
    YOGAVNTURE likes this.
  6. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    omg im getting confused. but thanks for pic of damping thing whatever that is.......somehow it helps relieve shock on front end I guess......I WONDER IF IT WOULD HELP THE SQUIRREL UP THEIR WHEN IM ON INTERSTATE???????????
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No problem man, we all are at different curves when on forums. When you hit reply to a post with a lot of pictures look at the text and delete the pix from the post just saving the text you wanted to refer to. You will get it with time.
    YOGAVNTURE and WoodsChick like this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Basically a hydraulic shock for your steering. Damps the vibes and hits and makes the bike feel a lot more planted. Not a necessity by any means but many love them. Here is the one I build (red part by steering head) and use on my personal TE511 (not trying to sell stuff here just info)

[IMG]
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Fixed :thumbsup:
  10. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    all I know is that motosportz has been posting stuff I like.....and now im hesitant to respond to his posts cause somehow im reposting his pics........tell him i totally love the te610 he transformed......i want to do that asap ....does he know of anybody in calif. that can do that for me in sacramento area?
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Oh yeah...he posts all kinds of stuff we all like! That boy has cost a lot of us some big $$ in the past :lol:

Don't worry about the photo thing. Really. You'll get the hang of it eventually. When you look at his post you see his actual photos. When you hit "post reply" you'll see those photos as links only...just words. You can highlight them with your cursor and then hit "delete" and they will not show up in your reply. Give it a try here if you like!

Dan at MotoXotica is in Vacaville, not far from Sacramento. He can probably help you do whatever it is you want to do. Not only is he a nice guy and a great dealer, he is a sponsor here :thumbsup:
  12. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Is that a terra in the background??????? part of me says to buy one of these asap. as it has good engineering and it will be a collectors item as husky will now become a cheap brand, due to ktm owning them now......didn't you say you were tall ???? if so , why have the terra? instead of buying terra. since I have the te610 my gut says better to transform that thing instead of selling it and buying terra..........not sure about that terra.....god with that thing you could even take a woman on the backend???? to get an ice cream......HELL, I HAVE TO ACCEPT HAVING TWO BIKES BEFORE I CAN ACCEPT HAVING THREE. maybe we should start a twelve step group for motorcycle addicts?
    Xcuvator likes this.
  13. Huskinator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,TE510,TE450,TXC450,WR165,TE511
    Just go with the flow. You are a yogi this should be easy. You did not make a mistake everything happens for a reason. You have two great bikes to ride, each has it's strengths and weaknesses. You will never have a perfect for every occasion bike. They don't make one yet! Two bikes are not that hard to keep up with, so don't worry about that. I can actually keep up with five bikes somehow, and I do all the work myself. Just do what Motosportz recommends to the 511 and you will have the best of both worlds.
  14. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    im trying. I am going to contact halls and see about the terra........now heres the debate.....obviously I have to keep the new te511 now.....thats a given......the debate now is .............do I keep the te610 and update it.......or sell it for 3300 bucks. (its in mint shape with minimal miles)........and pay 6000 bucks for a new terra....that's the debate.........part of me says. im tall........keep the te610 .......THAT BIKE IS MADE FOR A TALL PERSON FOR SURE......and part of me says sell the te610......its older now, more problems coming ,,,,,,,,,,and get the new terra which is being blown out at 6000 bucks !!! and then for a net cost of not more than 3000....(less if I figure in cost to turn te610 into a supermoto).......and I have a new bike, to boot!.........but then I think,,,,,about a guy who called yesterday who wanted to buy my te610....and told me he was tall and at his husky dealer and sat on terrra an it sat low to ground and his legs were crunched on bike and feet didn't fit pedals very good........so now Im confused. even though to be sure the terra better road bike than I can ever make the te610 ........im suspicious of how the terra will fit my body.....compared to the te610 which fits my body perfectly !! see my dilemma.? next week I go to husky dealer and sit on one......dealer says their are plenty of terras out their......no huge hurry.............6000 bucks for that terrra I think is a VERY GOOD DEAL FOR A BIKE WITH A BMW ENGINEERED ENGINE !!! wonder how it rides on pavement.?
  15. Huskinator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,TE510,TE450,TXC450,WR165,TE511
    I would keep the 610. If it has low miles like you said then it will last a long time. Save your money for the 511 upgrades.
    Motosportz, WoodsChick and YOGAVNTURE like this.
  16. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    im leaning that way..........the 2006 husky te610 is a nice looking bike. arguably as good looking as the terra. unfortunately icant take a terra for a test ride which could seal the deal......I have call into a couple of good dealers. my guess is I can get that te610 running real good for not much cash. their might even be some cheap aftermarket parts for it cause its not in demand now? I know they sold supermoto tires for the te610 as an option. maybe I could pick up a set used cheap? god, i wish I could take a terra out for a test ride.......that would make decision easy.......part of me is regretting buying the new te511.......now i have to spend bunch of money on a NEW bike to make it run the way I want. but its mine now, i have to deal with it......leaning towards just keeping the te610.......turn it into my road bike and keeping my te511 as my dirt bike. that seems the easy answer. but if you look on motosportz pics. he does have a terra in the back of his bike pile.......hmmmmmmmmm........whys that.
  17. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I see you have a terra in the back of your bike pile,...........hmmmmm.. whys that? I can get 3300 bucks right now out ofmy te610 and yes you did transform yours.......but for how much cash?????????? 3300 bucks plus 3000 bucks upgrade money equals 6300 bucks.....for an upgraded 2006 te610..............6300 bucks for a new terra.......see my dilemma?
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am average size, 6 foot 195 pounds. The Terra is a GREAT street and gravel bike, better than the 610 by a good margin and the motor is better and WAY smoother. The 610 is a far better off road mount though. So you have to decide. If your 610 is in good shape keep it. those are cool bikes. Slowly convert it for more road comfort and keep the 511 for dirt and light street work.
    YOGAVNTURE likes this.
  19. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I am six foot three inches tall.......the te610 seems to fit me good. I can put both feet down just barely when at stop sign........will I find the terra an unhappy midget bike compared to that.........which bike will fit like a glove when in saddle for me six foot three inches tall........IM SUSPICIOUS THE TERRA MIGHT FEEL SMALL.......BUT WONDER IF THE TERRA ON THE ROAD WOULD FEEL LIKE A LUXURY MERCEDES AFTER MY ONLY MEMORYS SO FAR ARE OF TE610 AND TE511. I HAVE TWO CALLS IN ONE TO DAN AT VACAVILLE AND ONE TO BRIAN AT HALLS IN ILLINOIS. TO ASK THIER OPINION.....IT WOULD ALL COME DOWN TO , IF I COULD TEST RIDE A TERRA IN ILLINOIS I WOULD KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS IMMEDIATELY........im royally confused. maybe I did buy the wrong bike ..........I should have bought the terra for a road bike and kept the te610 for dirt work. i just felt like the te610 has some years on it and I havent really maintained it due to no dealer in area get rid of it......but now im finding that the te610 was actually a pretty good MIX bike ..........and it sits real tall.....which is handy for me and my 6 foot three height........lets see what dan and brian think
  20. YOGAVNTURE Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ps. I wonder did you get rid of that black can thing on the left side of bike that sticks out? don't know what it is but its ugly. near engine.......I think I saw the same black can on the new te 250 . but not the bigger models......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.