Delaware Enduro

Discussion in 'Racing' started by fury1, Apr 30, 2009.

1. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

anyone here race it?? First time for me and thought it was incredible,it was very hot a ton of guys bailed after the scond gas stop 65 miles or so into the ride. I saw a ton of huskys out there,only one other TXC250 Im pretty sure I was the highest placed husky in the A class,took fourth in the A-light class,DQd due to a missed check,alot of guys also missed it,but not enough to throw it out:banghead: I started on row 55 with a buddy and he got buried in the frag fields,so I stopped to help him out and lost some time,but felt ok the rest of the day,drank alot of water and stayed in the shade at any reset or pause. got to the "sluice" and didnt fall,but tip toed through the rocks and succesfully rode through it,my TXC250 worked great,had no overheating issues,wasnt running very hot,got great fuel range and made the 35 mile section easily,showed 113 miles on my watchdog computer after the ride and 68MPH! for a top speed. cant wait to get this bike into the rocks up here and tease those poor KTMs:thumbsup:

heres last years "sluice" video:
    http://adrenalinevision.com/video/2008/enduro/5/08051001l.html
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That video certainly seemed to contain enough KTMs for you to tease. I can't speak for all the small riders who are older, with short legs, but for myself, that sluice didn't look like any fun at all.:eek:
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Great run, I'm bummed I missed it. Bike is at P3, but the real reason is wife isn't well enough for me to be away 2 days. Rest of my crew went, 3 dnf's and one guy finished it for the first time in multiple tries. I felt bad for my buddy Dave..... the consumate enduro rider, third generation in fact. The only race he has dnf'ed in the last 10+ years was Hancock WEC in '07. His freshly revalved Factory Connection shock blew in the first section, he tried to keep going, but you can't ride with only the spring! Only consolation was that he's only riding WNYOA and not ECEA, so he didn't lose any points.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    whoa an FC shock fail that is a rare one,,,bummer for an equipment failure. i am sure the Z team will dial him in. sounds like a tough one,,,,the best ones are the tough ones!!!
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Brilliant !!!Stuff!!!
  7. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Delaware + Trials Tires?

No fricking way! The rest of the courses is muddy, greasy dirt!

It you're lucky... it's dry and then it's just some of the best roosting dirt on the planet!

That video was taken in the famed man-made sluze. Which is a run-off channel to drain the farm fields which are at a higher elevation into the lower Delaware and Chesapeake Shipping Canal.

I rode that sluze a many of times over the years and the best way to attack it is not to stop and just keep rolling on the gas.

One thing I learned over the years.... is if it rains 4 days before the Delaware Enduro... DON'T RIDE IT :lol:
  8. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

I heard only 85 or so finished out of 300+ riders. With all the DQ's and DNF's.
  9. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  11. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would've been there if I hadn't cracked a rib at the greenbriar. I love the rocks and haven't ever been to Delaware yet. Maybe next year though. I have a friend who is way better than me(most are though) and is only 18 and he didn't finish. I think anyone that was pushing hard ran into trouble in the afternoon cause it was damn hot that day.
  12. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

heres a few photos from delaware
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice shots!

BlipBlip:thumbsup: