Dealer(s) ???

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Kim, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Kim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 KTM 250xcw & 2020 Sherco 300SEF
    I'm interested in finding out where the closest Husky dealer is.....I'm currently located in NE Kansas. I was informed that Letko Cycle in KC no longer is a dealer. Anyone able to help me out here.
    Seems their either on the west or east coast.
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. Kim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx for the link Mike....I found two...one in Omaha,NE is the closest at 3 hours away and another in Missouri which is more like 6-8 hours out.....
    :thumbsup:
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

What ya gonna get?
  5. Kim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mike,
    I am selling a couple of snowmobiles since we've moved away from Wyoming and there's a guy interested in one of them and asked if I might be interested in a trade of some kind.
    He's got a 2004 TE250 that he's offering up and I'm trying to find out as much as possible about it before I go any further with the offer.
    This past summer I rode 2007 TE250 and sorta though at that time that it might make a decent d/s mount....so I'm thinking seriously about dealing w/him.
    Almost wish it was a bigger cc bike though.
  6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

personally i would be very leary of any '04 250 4 stroke. Honda, Husky, KTM, Yamaha, whatever.

Just saying its a 4 or 5 year old bike from a time when valves and valve seats and all that were not yet all worked out.

Dont be surprised if you have to put money into it.

Now--if its a low hours bike ridden by a little old lady, then thats a different story. :)
  7. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not to throw a shadow over D & J in Omaha, they have treated me well in the past, but they don't seem to be as as ummmm....enthusiastic a dealer as they were a few years ago. They have slowly moved focus towards their street bike lines, primarily Victory and HD.

That said, I've had two huskys now in the last 3 years and I have had exactly ZERO major problems. (unless you consider fork seals major...:))I have not had the need for a service dept close by.

I will not claim to know anything about the issues with the '04 models, but if you decide the deal is good for you and take her home, there are very good dealers a phone call away that can take care of whatever you'll need.

paul
  8. Kim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hmmm, that again is something I gave thought to earlier in the week and again today after reading this post.......my instincts are telling me to take a different direction with this offer now.....thanx for kick'n it in.

As far as the 'ole lady comment.......this 30+ years dirtbike riding 'ole lady has used and abused many iron horses over the past few decades.
    Hahahahaha :thumbsup: :cheers:
  9. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

There's two good dealer threads over on ThumperTalk.

This one thread was started by Dean back in July of 2008: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671759

This is another good thread started back in October 2005 on "Recommend for a good Husqvarna Dealer in the USA!". It's current and has a lot of good feed back on Husqvarna dealers as well as the kind of experience to expect. Recently updated December 2008 so yes it's current: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297382

BlipBlip:thumbsup:
  10. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    Paul,

Have you ever used D & J for service? Just wondering how they are as far as competency.
  11. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

No....I've been in the service dept a few times talking with them when Jim was at the shop, and the kid that worked in there then seemed pretty sharp, but nothing major ever happened to either of my bikes, so I never needed to use them. I do all of the routine stuff myself. Mostly had them occasionally ship me replacement plastic and oil filters as I needed them....

Wish I could be of more help.

paul