CSC Announces the RX-3 Cyclone - A 250cc Adventure Touring Bike for less than $3000

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Johnrg, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    interesting. That an introductory price. Actual retail is 3495.00 which is still cheap. Not sure how a 250cc adventure bike will sell int he USA. We will see.

more detailed info here - http://www.motorcycle.com/features/2014-csc-rx-3-adventure-tourer-preview.html

Looks to be the same motor the AJP PR5 uses as does a GasGas model. Seems that motor is a good one and getting a lot of use.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Correct...

Production output 1,000,000+ motorcycles annually (claimed)
    Employees 18,000
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Is it verified that Zongshen is where AJP Portugal is sourcing their engines or any one of their engines?
  7. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well... If the engine is as good as is stated and geared for the weight, I know many would do cross country trips on the thing. If you can drop it and beat on it with no ill effects, it is good. 80lbs I chalk up to bag mounts and all that stuff on it. Stripped then is inline with the Honda. Aesthetically it matches the BMW and it is tasteful with a variety of color options. If this is indeed bombproof, hell, I'd saddle one up and do the Oregon and Washington Backroads type tour on it. Cheap and bombproof on two wheels sells, especially to middle America and many aging moms and pops who want to get out there on a budget. The super rich can pay the 10k+ figures.

Not saying I'd buy one but hit's BMW and the like in the gut IMO as who really wants a super long wheelbase, heavy as a tank dirt bike or 50/50 tourer ? Folks have been groomed for those tankers but IMO mostly to line somebodies pockets. I'de take the 100 lb. lighter 500cc "performance" model at 1k more.
  8. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Too bad its not a lazy 500 instead of a 250. A torquey bulletproof thumper would be better for that application than a revving smallbore IMO.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Yes. All of them I believe as of now. That is for sure the PR5 motor.
  10. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    Ssr makes a 250cc supermoto and an enduro that is street legal in that price range.

Must be the same motor/bike ,

Maybe is worth a look as i want a fun cheap commuter. Used bomb proof Japanese bikes for half the price and twice the ease of finding parts seems to always stop me in my thinking of them though.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure how the business models are shaped but these guys can't build a modern bike like the Japanese or EU folks can ... or at least they have not really built one yet ... I'm seeing slight things change here, but it will take them a 1\4 century to catch up ... Gotta cut some corners ...

--

I see that Zongshen engine here in some of the larger, studier built bikes ...
    100_0020_result.JPG
    100_0021_result.JPG
    Filipino brand MOTORSTAR Motorcycles in the pic .. a MSX 200 bike ..

--
    A 250cc bike is still a big machine for many around the world where these type bikes were pointed I'd guess...but not sure on the states ... Too big a place for a 250 BUT ... the price is right if the bike holds together ... Many of us still buy with what is in our wallets and just might buy that bike ..

That Cyclone looks like a bmw copy to me .... It has a 6speed tranny also ... if those guys chose the right ratios, that 6speed can help hide a weak engine ...
  12. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm thinking the bags must cost extra. Probably over $4k OTD. But still...
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Something comes with it and you get EFI! After reading and hearing about EFI for ~4 yrs now, I'd be interested in knowing what it is ... It might have been sold ~100s of thousands of times or maybe it is a new design for them.

Standard equipment includes water-cooling, fuel-injection, overhead cams, an engine counterbalancer, hydraulic disk brakes, adjustable suspension, a 6-speed transmission, a luggage rack, a trunk, saddlebags, electric starting, engine guards, and a 1-year warranty,

EDIT: EFI is U.S. Delphi (?)

--
    The competition -- gw250 SUZ
    gw250.jpg
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  15. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good looking in white. I'd be embarrassed riding around here on that but with some good tires and packed up in the NW could be a fun back roads, fire road tourer for some credit card camping.
  16. JoeBee Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    CSC-150, KLR-650, CSC RX-3
    Joe here, from CSC. Interesting comments and we appreciate them all.

The bags, guards, etc., are included in the $3495 price. The price is for the complete motorcycle as you see it in the photos.

The bike is not "rebranded." We discussed giving it a new name and using CSC emblems instead of the Zongshen bits, but we decided not to for several reasons (the most significant ones being motorcycle buyers are a sophisticated crowd and wouldn't react well to a rebranding scheme, and the Zongshen name is a good one). On that last note, we toured the Zongshen manufacturing facilities and those folks are most definitely on top of their game. There's a write up on that visit (with photos) in our blog.

We're at the Pomona Fairplex Off Road Expo this weekend in Building 6, and we'll be at the IMS shows. Please stop by if you get a chance.

There's lots more info on the CSC blog at www.CaliforniaScooterCo.com/blog, and if you have any questions, please shoot them to me at jberk@cscmotorcycles.com.

Thanks for your interest.
    Johnrg likes this.
  17. djc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    f800gs ktm200 r1200gsa
    hi,recently I was travelling to mt Everest base camp & found4 chinese men 1 on a zongshen & other 2 on victory & 1 ktm 200 duke? motorcycles,unfortunatly the language barrier was to much to get an idea of what he thinks of it,although the victories were more expensive than most cars,after showing photos of my husky & bmw we were like old mates 1484.JPG 1484.JPG
    Motosportz likes this.
  18. JoeBee Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    CSC-150, KLR-650, CSC RX-3
    Motosportz likes this.
  19. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dare to disagree.Quality does not come free, not even in China. You get what You're paying for.

r
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

The free part is the slave labor and massive government subsidising as well as currency manipulation. While they try and buy the world economy we get deals.