Crank pin, rod and crank bearings

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Bigbill, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    his methods are likely fine for the 100cc scooters hes doing crank jobs on. trues them by sight and doesnt like using a press..
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I'm so careful when I pressed a crank. I used centers with dail indicators plus in the beginning a machinists square to rough it in across the balancers. I did have a fixture for the press somewhere. I hope I didn't trash it.

I guess it's a scooter crank. He did true it by eye but how close is it. It could affect the bearing life.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Anyone got this blokes number cos his work looks A1 mite send my 300 off to him! :-o
  5. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    so how do you true the crank? ive only ever seen it done by checking in vee blocks with a dial indicator, then making adjustments with a brass/copper mini sledge.
  6. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Thanks for sharing. He seems to be skilled in paying attention to getting the pin flush with the crank wheels and getting the true. I would not be using a hammer that much, just like at the beginning he gets the bearing centers off by pounding and expanding them the blows do distort what they hit on other things. The pin must be champhered as he hit it and then it fit right into the next piece.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I was either truing the crank in a vise using spacers to offset the counter balancers to finish align it or in a press to get it close. Rough it in first. My fixture got it close. But my next fixture will be adjustable. I had centers and indicators to check it.

I do have the orginal Husqvarna shop tools and fixtures I can borrow anytime if I need them.