Converted my TE250 from enduro to SuMo, what to do with the kickstand?

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Alberto, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Hey guys, what have you done in your conversions, in my case the kickstand is now super tall, and can't support the bike, with 17inch wheels, it got lowered. Recommendations in this case?
  2. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
  3. La Flama Blanca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 kawasaki kx250f
    For the longest time I carried a triangle stand in my bookbag. Got tired of the extra weight and started to feel uncomfortable knowing that if I'd hit the ground I'd have a metal post going into my back. Ended up ordering a smr630 (I think or it was a Te610) kickstand. Worked with all the original hardware and now sits properly. This was on my 449. Hope that helps!
  4. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    and works too with the enduro tires?
  5. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

I can weld, but not sure if the material can be welded, is it aluminum or iron? If Iron, I can do the job.. but not sure if aluminum can be welded with normal welding arc machines
  6. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    You can chop the stand, but if you switch back to dirt mode, it'll be too short. For my 610, I bought a 610sm stand and I just swap stands along with the wheels when I change modes.
    Alberto likes this.
  7. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    It's aluminum. You'd need to be able to TIG weld or at a minimum do a really with a wire feed MIG welder. TIG is stronger and gives better looking results.
    Alberto likes this.
  8. SDPUTTER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    I did what another guy on here posted; Cut the kickstand, drilled and tapped out the kickstand end and the end of the cutoff piece and lock-tighted like a 1 1/2" piece of all thread into the cut-off piece (less than 1" sticking out). I just put a regular hex head short bolt in the kickstand end when I'm in Sumo mode. When I go dirt, I take the bolt out and screw in the cut off. Has been working well.
  9. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

Can you send me a pic of the work done on your kickstand for better understanding?
  10. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    What year 250? Later models have a piece of junk aluminum stand, earlier models have a rugged (but less attractive looking) steel stand.
  11. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    mine is 2011 te250
  12. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ah, the aluminum, more fragile stand.

You can buy the older model steel stand and it will fit. I did that with my 2011 TE310.
    Then you can cut and weld that or, if they made one (not sure), you can get an SM version of the older kickstand that fit the 250/450/510s
  13. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW

Now there's a great idea. That would be the way to go. Keep the long Al one, cut the new steel one and weld it to fit.
  14. SDPUTTER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
  15. 510 SM SC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I put 2011 630 SM stand on my 250. It is a little short (could install a foot pad) to make it perfect.
  16. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW

If you were to do that, drill the hole in from the bottom first to insure that the two halves line up nicely. Hold them together in a vise after removing the unwanted section and run the tap through them in one action. That will make the halves come together without a seam. A little JB Weld in between and it would be almost permanent.