1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc come on guys,i need help to do this waterpump seal

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dylandog, May 21, 2012.

1. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    help me fix this seal please,where do i start?is it straight forward job or do i have to strip loads of parts to get at it?definatly got coolant going in my gearbox,no doubt at all,but theres no oil in rads coolant so does that mean its just a seal under the waterpump casing or am i going to have to take clutch cover off aswell?
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, the clutch side case will have to come off. Then you will have to remove the impeller, or rotor, from the shaft. Then pull the drive great and shaft out from the back side. Replace the O-ring seal and put it back together.

This is what the service manual says:

Loosen the water pump rotor (1) by turning it clockwise, using pliers. As this element

can be removed together with the cover, carry out this operation when the

rotor needs replacement.

Reassemble the rotor by hand.

Clockwise; That means it's a left handed thread.
  3. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    thanks for reply,do you mean i need to take the whole side case off?meaning i need to disconnect power valves n remove clucth basket,gear lever etc or just the clutch cover n pump cover?i could do with the link for the manuels/parts list if u know it.thanks
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, the clutch cover, power valve cover / linkage, water pump cover and side case will need to come off. You shouldn't have to remove the clutch.

You can get parts manuals at www.Halls-cycles.com and if you do a google search you can find pdf file service manuals on-line. I'd post them here but that has never worked for me.
  5. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    dylandog likes this.
  6. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    thanks,thats the site i was after! it should be sticky'd up.
    yep engine is the same as far as seeing how it goes together,but im not sure if part no are the same but i always ask husky sport for the right years parts anyway.cheers
  7. Canadaeastktm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250XCF, Beta 250RR, KTM 350SXF
    Any progress on this dylandog?
    Did you get this fixed and any tips on making this go smoothly when I try it?
    Also curious, which bearing and brass-seal need to be replaced as per the parts fiche?
    I'm planning on doing this soon and would like to know which parts to order and if someone could post pics from the fiche highlighting them too that would be great and I can look up those parts. Thanks in advance for any help.