1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Coil Mounting on ML frames

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Marcgregory, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Marcgregory Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '76 WR250, '76 WR360, '77 360 Auto
    i installed a new plug cap on a WR250 with Femsa ignition. I trimmed the plug wire a 1/4" when i installed it and now the wire is a little tighter than i feel is comfortable. Instead of rigging up some new plug wire i was wondering about the positioning of the coil on the frame. I noticed there were three holes on the frame for the coil mounting. All the bikes i have had the coil was mounted on the forward two holes. I was wondering if anyone has mounted using the rear two holes, i am thinking it will give me enough wiggle room with the plug wire if i move the coil to the rear two holes. Figured i would ask everyone before i drained the tank just to find out the femsa coil can't mount on the rear two holes.

Thanks,
    Marc

asdf.PNG
  2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Seems simple enough to try. Of course, make sure that the high tension wire (spark plug wire) doesn't rub on the frame tube above. Also, many of the coils (not Motoplat, unfortunately) have wires that just unscrew from the coil. If your Femsa does, then go ahead and cut a new wire from any correct O.D. spark plug wire. I hope I wasn't "Captain Obvious."