1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Coil Assembly 2008 TE510

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by evomaki, Oct 18, 2013.

1. evomaki Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    Guys,

I've had a coil assembly for my 2008 TE 510 on backorder with Husky for 6 weeks now. None available in the US or at any dealer. Same song and dance from Husky, customs hold, will be here soon. This is ridiculous. I've got no confidence the part will be here anytime soon. I'm posting a couple of pictures of the coil assembly. The plug boot reads "NGK" so I'm assuming the assembly is an NGK assembly. The coil has two sets of numbers one above the other. One reads: 1G3231 the other: 070723. I can't locate anything for NGK by these numbers using Google and sites purporting to be NGK parts/application locators. Do any of you folks have an idea who I could call? This part can't be that unique to only Husky. There are coils available for the 2008 TXC, but my dealer is concerned that could be a problem as the part number is different. Thanks for the help.
    Coil_photo_1.JPG Coil_photo_2.JPG
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Are you certain the coil assembly is bad?
    Are you pinching pennies?
    I myself would have taken the TXC coil immediately and tried it as a gamble.
  3. evomaki Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    I think the coil assembly is bad, but it's such an odd part to fail that I'm a bit suspicious. The bike ran great, did one backfire and died while I was cruzing down a gravel road. Just an easy Sunday morning ride. The failure was sudden, and complete. No spark, and plug is good. I even tested resistance on the plug wire which is removable from the coil, although it doesn't look like it would be. Unscrews counterclockwise. I get 5k ohms, which is what I was told I should get from a good wire. I still cut a 1/4" of the wire off and re-assembled. Nothing.

A buddy of mine has a 2009 TE510. I tested the voltage inputs to the coil on his bike (these are the wires from the stator and ignitor as I understand), and they are about what I'm getting as voltage inputs to my coil from the same wires on my bike. So it appears as if my coil is getting good voltage. If it's not the coil I'm out of ideas.

In my despiration searching for a coil. I called a couple of shops out of the US, specifically Langs Offroad in Ontario and Husky Sport in the UK. Cool guys at each place. Langs had every coil but for the TE. He said the coil is different on the FI bikes. Then I called Husky Sport in the UK and talked to Reece. He had the part and has sent it to me. I don't even want to know what the shipping will be. With any luck I'll have the part in a week and can report back.

Something funny is going on with parts availability, if they are out of stock in the US. Maybe it's to be expected with the change in ownership. Hopefully it's temporary. Next week will be 7 weeks since I ordered the coil in the US. My local shop has called, emailed and tried to expedite the order many times. They get a similar excuse of "In Custom's Hold".
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Have you made sure that all of your electrical connections are tight. These were notorious. Read older husky riders threads on his complete documentation.
  5. evomaki Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    I've checked connections, and I was so hoping it was something simple like that. I won't be pinching pennies on this one. OlderHuskyRiders thread on his bike is a great resource on what to expect. I check that all the time. I suspect coil because the input voltages to the coil look good based on comparing them to my friends 09 TE510. Thanks for the help guys.
  6. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR 250 R, LTZ 400, Truimph Bonie.

Hey man
    So I'm trapping on, Bang, one back fire and dead stop ! No spark same story as you.
    I did the ohms test and found Ive got a bad coil or so the numbers say 25K on the secondary, 2008 TE 450.

From my understanding you can use pretty much anything that is within the same ohms ours is 4.5 Prime and 5K Second I heard one guy say you can go up with the ohms but not down.

Did you manage to get yours in from the UK dealer ? I am late online and seeing that no one has the 2008's in stock across all warehouse's only the 9 10 and so on.
    Makes me wonder what's the real story on this TBH
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    I would of thought that if the coil has the correct conections and mounting holes it will work fine, used a cbr 400 coil for years on my old kmx no issues.
    Powellyte450 likes this.
  8. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    3 year old thread.....
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    So the dude has issues now with his coil.
    That's current, fair play reviving a thread rather than start another.
  10. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR 250 R, LTZ 400, Truimph Bonie.

Great thanks man I was definitely going that way although did luck out with Dan at MotoXotica our go to guy in Nor Cal he had one in.
    juicypips and 268fords like this.