Cody Webb to ride national enduro in Colorado

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Read that in CN. Will be interesting to see how he stacks up. He is having a brilliant year.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Oh man! Thanks for the heads up!
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    bucket list race...... maybe next year.... dang it.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'll bring my helmet camera :).
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Really I was thinking of going more to ride the Sherco's but I doubt that's happening now. It's funny because before I bought the bike I wanted to do every race I possibly could. Now I have the bike and am doing pretty decent in points at the local series and am concerned about messing that up screwing off for a day at another series and getting hurt or messing up the bike lol. I'm stupid :)

The thought of racing the same course as Webb, Delong, Fahringer, Lafferty (his last season), and everyone else is freaking cool though. :)
    water racer and robertaccio like this.
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I'm hoping to make it to that race along with the WEBE race in Trinidad the following weekend. I've got about 148 different fires burning right now though, so it's gonna be tough to make even one of those races.

Nothing prevents a crash like lots of riding experience. Just consider the other series as training for the CORCS series. :)

A couple of years ago I was racing the WEBE race down in Farmington NM. I was on my TXC 250 going down this long sandy wash. Completely tapped out. Going as fast as any human could possibly go when Killy Rusk blasted by me like I was stuck in neutral. He was on a crf 250 then not the yzf450 he is riding now in the nationals. It's amazing to see first hand how fast even the semi top tier guys can go. :eek:
    robertaccio and LandofMotards like this.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    What Colo Said about being out there with even the local pros....world class guys are another whole level as well.
    Ive been passed by the best of the best n many different occaisions. It has definitly kept my racing and riding in its proper respective place.----- the ride for fun place
    Motosportz and LandofMotards like this.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah it's practice :). I've thought of trying the amateur Endurocross in October just to make an ass of myself lol. I may have to do it. If I could attend any WEBE race it would probably be Monte Vista. Then again I think Trinidad was the best round in CORCS so far, followed closely by Fountain.

There are people that pass me in the C class and I can't believe the difference, I can only imagine what it's like being passed by a guy like that. It's funny because I watch the A guys and think, WTH, I feel that fast :)
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2 Years ago at King of the Moto I was about to get lapped by Cody Web. I was just ahead of a rocky section as cody came up to it and stalled his bike. I then yelled down go to the right side it is easier. I knew because I had just spent the last 15 min looking for a way up. He then did and went flying by me. I said to my self john who do you think you are telling cody how to ride. I started to laugh but then Gram Jarvis also lapped me and I really knew where I was
    Any way they lapped me but I finished
    Yes to get to ride with those guys is great
    water racer and LandofMotards like this.
  11. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    The Pros are just that, and always have been. They don't seem to get tired or ever slow down. In the 70' s I would ride the ISDT two day qualifier at Ft Hood in Texas as it was local to me. I thought it was challenging and the ride just kicked my butt. The Penton boys were there along with Malcolm Smith etc. Malcolm's comment afterward was that it was too easy! Top level guys are a different species!
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Wish ft hood was that cool when I was there lol
  13. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Yeah, the base commander at the time was very bike friendly. The next guy, not so much.
    LandofMotards likes this.