1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Clutch wear and adjustment

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by skid, Sep 10, 2009.

1. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

ok my cr 125 probably has 15 or so hours on it ... maybe 20. I have noticed that when leaving the parking lot that the clutch seems to be slipping. once the bike gets warmed up it does not seem to slip unless you really abuse it. It did not used to do this at all. Being new to 125's ... is this sort of thing normal wear?? Is there some adjustment that can be made to tighten things up a bit. Could it be oil related? I've only run MC specific oil Spectro gear oil and rotella in the tranny. Or is it just a 125 thing??
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Pop the clutch plates out and have a look. Really simple to do. See if the steel drive plates are blued and measure the friction plates for size. Do a visual.
  3. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

So for starters its safe to say that this sort of slippage when just leaving the parking lot is not normal. thanks for the reply btw ... I'll have a look.
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    What Rotella are you using? Synth or dino?
  5. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

We had a problem with my sons CR 125 as well. Check where the cable coes into the metal boss on the case down at the motor below the carb. Ours was pushed out by maybe an 1/8 inch and the clutch would slip as the bike heated up. I think my son's boot hit it at one time and it never re set itself. Drove me nuts chasing it down, I changed plates, filed the basket, changed oil types, till I noticed the cable out of the boss.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes it's safe to say it's not normal; it shouldn't be slipping. Have you checked your clutch adjustment?
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    SKID....Do you mean slippage or chatter......??? once they get a few miles on them the basket gets a bit notched and they will pulse.....

The clutch on my CR is very stout indeed.....the fiber material seems very hard and the clutch is quite grabby......particularly when your in a "leaving the pits situation"....it gets a little better(less chatter) as it warms up...but as for slippage under power....never

When I have ridden other 125s(jap)they seem to have a softer clutch....which works well when you fan it in berms etc.....

but my CR clutch hooks up with such a force its almost pointless to fan it....better to roll in a tad slower and nail the throttle seems to be best

I use motul expert gear oil....10 40

make sure you have 2-3mm free play at the case lever at all times(hot)....or it will slip