Clutch cover gasket: One time use

Discussion in '610/630' started by mjskier, Nov 24, 2015.

1. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    I can't find the thread when somebody asked about it so here it goes:

I took the clutch cover off to do some maintenance during my last oil change: Check the filter, replace the clutch bushing, replace the problematic cup washers...)

I tried to be very careful with the gasket and reused it (it was stuck in places). Now my bike leaks oil. I'm not sure if it started right away since I have a bash plate. But with it off, I can see a few drops of oil on the floor when the bike sits overnight.

I'm planning on re-torquing all the bolts to make sure they didn't come out. But assuming this isn't the issue, be aware that that gasket might not survive disassembly.

Any differing experience?
  2. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    That's weird!
    The gasket of my 610 (same part code of the 630) was reused without issues for about 10 times, then it started to look warped/worn and so I replaced it, for the sake of prevention.
    JonXX likes this.
  3. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Maybe you gasket handling skills are better than mine :cheers:
    The one on my bike was pretty stuck. So I might have messed it up when separating it from the case.
  4. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Kind of a late update, but I finally go some time to work on the bike.
    As I leaned the bike over on its side I found out why it was leaking: The bolt under the oil filter was gone (it is one of the 2 that are a bit longer than all the other clutch cover bolts)
    I put a new bolt and no leak overnight. So as other have reported, that gasket is indeed multi-reuse.
    Theo likes this.